Next great PC game 2+ years in the future?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

miniMUNCH

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2000
one that hasn't been mentioned yet... No One Lives Forever 3

Also... Mass Effect for PC. It is going to happen eventually.

I'm also looking forward to Dragon Age, Deus Ex 3, and Fallout 3, Alan Wake, and Mafia 2.

The game I also want is a futuristic Max Payne meets Deus Ex RPG-FPS set in the Bladerunner world... a friend of mine who co-owns a small game company has solid idea along this line (he was looking at either U3 or CryEngine2) but his company is hopelessly busy with 'other' high paying projects for the foreseeable future.

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004
Definitely Mafia 2 as well as the new Grand Theft Auto (will wait for PC version).

Pocatello

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 1999
I'm hoping Bioware would release Mass Effect for the pc down the road. And there is Dragon Age, I wonder how is that coming along.

Stoneburner

Diamond Member
May 29, 2003
It's feast or famine these days for PC games. I went so long without any game to play besides Medieval II and suddenly I have too much crap on my plate. I haven't yet tried world in conflict, hellgate yorkshire, call of duty 4 (even out yet?) company of heroes, gears of war, two worlds. Now UT3 and Crysis are due. I'm still waiting for the Witcher too. I did finish episode 2 and am nearly done with portal, however.

I dont know about 2 years plus but starcraft 2 is going to waste most of my life. I'm not interested in farcry 2 considering its not being done by Crytek.

s44

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 2006
Originally posted by: Red Storm
Originally posted by: Schadenfroh
Bioware's Dragon Age is the only game I care about.
I still have hope it could be a 2008 release, though.

As a non-console owner I'm waiting for next week's Mass Effect release just so Bioware doesn't have any more excuses not to hype Dragon Age. (Mass Effect looks really neat, though -- can't wait for the inevitable PC version.)

Schadenfroh

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2003
Originally posted by: s44

As a non-console owner I'm waiting for next week's Mass Effect release just so Bioware doesn't have any more excuses not to hype Dragon Age. (Mass Effect looks really neat, though -- can't wait for the inevitable PC version.)

Any idea if Microsoft partially owns the franchise or will the Microsoft publishing deal runout and EA can release it for other platforms?

hooflung

Golden Member
Dec 31, 2004
Tired of Sequals. I think the Game Developers need a kick in the ass or they need to hire some game theorists or some table-top RPG people to design a game world or use their IP. It really sucks the games we are looking forward to are 2's and 3's or console ports. Even Star Craft 2... although this will probably be as good as the original... seems like a cop out with the IP.

Dethfrumbelo

Golden Member
Nov 16, 2004

Any idea if Microsoft partially owns the franchise or will the Microsoft publishing deal runout and EA can release it for other platforms?

Wasn't Jade Empire also supposed to be a 360 exclusive? Eventually it came to the PC.

I'm mildly interested in Mass Effect, if only for the fact that there are no other 'RPGs' out there right now, other than The Witcher. If I could rent or borrow a 360, I'd do that, but paying $300 for the system and then turning around and selling it just for 1 game seems stupid. I would probably only need a weekend - the devs have said that ME can be finished in under 15 hours straight through, 30 hours if you take your time and do all the side quests.

miniMUNCH

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2000

I think, regardless of the particulars, Mass Effect will be produced on PC at some point ala Jade Empire and GoW... perhaps Dec 08 is a realistic expectation.

My guess would be that MS has publishing rights for Mass Effect on all platforms but they will want to see Mass Effect on the PC... it will make money and MS definitely wants to see the PC survive as a gaming platform.

Raduque

Lifer
Aug 22, 2004
Originally posted by: Regs
The new Total War with navel battles looks promising. I think they call it Total War:Empires.

And Mafia II looks awesome as well.

I also have my fingers crossed for a new Max Payne. Though Remedy decided not to bother to develop it because of piss-poor sales of MP2. Instead they're developing Alan Wake which will also be on console.

It's really a shame that people could not "BUY" MP2.

Hey, I bought Max Payne 2! Loved it thoroughly. I'll be buying Alan Wake, too.

Be upgrading my video card and probably CPU for that one. Alan Wake is hungry for quad cores.