Next Attack Imminent: Muslims ordered to leave the United States

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Polish3d

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2005
Originally posted by: ProfJohn
I don?t think we need to worry about a nuke or another mass destruction type of WMD being used, yet.

Most likely another attack would be similar to 9-11. Either attempts to hijack planes. Or maybe stealing crop dusters and trying to use poison to kill massive amounts of people.
More likely though would be setting off bombs at various places with in the country ala the London and Madrid bombing.

Also imagine this. Some guys willing to kill themselves get some ak-47?s or other assault weapons and then at the same time all across the country go on shooting sprees in busy or important places. Shopping Malls, train stations etc etc. If this was done over a period of several days it could bring the economy to a stand still almost. Cops in front of Wal-Mart and walking within malls with guns and stuff.

Or another attack that would have a huge psychological effect would be to do something on election day. Set off a bomb or two a some polling places. They might not do much other than piss everyone off, but it would be a HUGE attack when it comes to the psychology of the country.

As far as placing blame for any attack, I think the more sophisticated the attack the more likely Bush and co is going to take the blame. Think of it along the lines of how we could miss all the signs of an attack pre 9-11. However, if it is a simple attack along the lines of guns or small backpack bombs then Bush will escape blame and could actually use that in his favor to push the wire tap and other laws and methods.

No matter what happens though, all any type of attack will do is unite us once again and strengthen our resolve to win this. I don?t think there is anything the terrorists can do that would sap us of our will to win.

I don't agree but we'll see. Ayman Al-Zawahiri called off a mubtakkar poison gas attack that FWIU had all potential to be carried out but would have only killed a few thousand, which was not enough.

I do think there is a legitimate chance that they will use nuclear weapons.

Additionally, some of you are bordering on retarded, insane, or perhaps you were anyway and it is showing through here. There are people on this thread starting saying:

"Well one benefit of mass American casualties would be to prove that Bush was wrong on....."

"I wouldn't put it past Bush to nuke a US city"

"This is what Cheney and Wolfowitz(?) [sic] want from you, to be scared "

This P/N forum is a fvcking joke, I only come here rarely, and don't bother telling me to leave, I don't give a sh*t. Most of the people here behave like complete babies, it is outright pathetic.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
To Prof John,

Who States----"There is a lot of evidence of Iraq and Al-Queda connections, you just have to look."

If you look hard enough you can certainly find anything your heart desires---your simple problem is that you have to be gullable enough to buy, lock stock and barrel, every single crackpot and hairbrained conspiracy theory you run across.---and unquestioningly accept them as gospel truth.---and then ignore the fact that most of these theories have been totally debunked---often by our own government.----you have been listening to too much Rush Limbaugh without earmuffs.---clearly your logic is now damaged beyond repair.

But you are living proof that you can fool some of the people some of the time---and give Karl Rove cause for optimism.

CitizenKain

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2000
Originally posted by: Frackal

This P/N forum is a fvcking joke, I only come here rarely, and don't bother telling me to leave, I don't give a sh*t. Most of the people here behave like complete babies, it is outright pathetic.

Hey Pot?
Yea?
You're Black.
Hey Kettle?
Yea?
Same to you pal.

Polish3d

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2005
Didn't see that coming. It needed to be said, the behavior and arguing here is ridiculous. '

Anyway, I think they will be waiting until they can pull off another attack that is bigger than 9/11, as well as waiting to properly prepare the muslim world for mass American casualties. A big part of why AQ does what it does is to inspire other muslims to join, which is a large part of why they want to make this attack larger.