Nexdisk 64MB USB Flash Drive $9.99 AR

HESDog

Golden Member
Feb 3, 2002
The Fry's in Houston has a NEXDISK brand 64MB USB Flash Hard Drive for $9.99 ($44.99 with a $35 MIR). The ad from the local paper states...

Plug & Play on any PC, Mac, and Linux system with standard USB interface
Offers Security Access System
No external power supply or battery needed

Item #3547854

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
Fry's online but ground shipping is $3.95 which is worth it for me since Fry's is an aggrivating 30 minute drive away.

If I can pay $3.95 shipping to avoid the drive then I'll gladly do it.

Thanks!

wjsulliv

May 29, 2001
Nice deal, I've been waiting for them to get this cheap...

Rebate is listed on line, at above product link.

FPSguy

Golden Member
Oct 26, 2001
Awesome deal! Hopefully helpful reminder: watch out for the tight time frames for the rebate. Order 2/19 - 2/26. Rebate must be postmarked by 2/28 and must be received by 3/7.

dolph

Diamond Member
Jan 18, 2001
grr, the difference in price between ground delivery and 2nd day was only 64 cents. damn, now i have to have this on friday! :)

TTM77

Golden Member
Dec 21, 2002
I notice the rebate date also. That don't give much time to send. dolph, you beat me to it I was gonna say about that shipping also. Might as well put it in as 2nd day shipping.

SimMike2

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2000
Very picky rebate details, plus the fact it isn't going to a known rebate processing company, make this look kind of iffy.

dolph

Diamond Member
Jan 18, 2001
for the record...
i tried to get in on this deal when it was through j&r. they let me order it over the phone, even though i was going to be placed on backorder for a few weeks. i called the rebate company and told them this, they said that it would be fine as long as i included a note, saying who i talked to. obviously ymmv.

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
Thanks I just ordered 2 online came out to $95.93 with $5.95 2nd day air shipping.

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
I just called Outpost.com customer service to confirm that my order will be shipped soon (I chose 2nd day air for $5.95).

The friendly CSR said yes as long as you didn't order more than 2, the credit card is approved and they have enough in stock.

She said they currently have 284 in stock but also noted these are selling FAST and might be out of stock by the end of the day.

Mine should arrive this Friday 2/21 :)

tadpole

Jan 24, 2003
phoenix has them in their ad also.....looks like a pretty good buy so far! think i may have to trade up from the 16MB i have now!:)

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
I cancelled my order because it appears the rebate is limited to 1 per person.

I think I'll make the aggrivating drive to Wilsonville and buy this in person saving on shipping costs/wait.

APB

Feb 7, 2003
I hooked mine up to my machine and checked it out by filling its capacity with various files. Windows Explorer states that 62.3MB are used and 0 bytes are free. HOWEVER, I selected all the files and only 47.6MB are indicated-----I just figured it out...You have to reformat the drive and then it works properly.

TTM77

Golden Member
Dec 21, 2002
hmm, didn't know U have to reformate it to get it work properly. I wonder why it didn't format correctly in the first place.

According the the webpage, it's limited 2 per customer. So U can buy two but you have to put the rebate on 2 different address.

All these rebate R so confusing. Why don't they have a deal with those online store that if you buy it with rebate, then they send U to this secure websight and have you fill out the form kinda like you fill out your credit card info. Then everything confirm right away and the store can give you the discount right away. Now that is technology. Less confusing and fast. Don't you agree?

Parasitic

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2002
Originally posted by: TTM77
hmm, didn't know U have to reformate it to get it work properly. I wonder why it didn't format correctly in the first place.

According the the webpage, it's limited 2 per customer. So U can buy two but you have to put the rebate on 2 different address.

All these rebate R so confusing. Why don't they have a deal with those online store that if you buy it with rebate, then they send U to this secure websight and have you fill out the form kinda like you fill out your credit card info. Then everything confirm right away and the store can give you the discount right away. Now that is technology. Less confusing and fast. Don't you agree?

That way the companies don't earn money on interests they make from the extra money they have received initially.

fr

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: Parasitic
Originally posted by: TTM77

That way the companies don't earn money on interests they make from the extra money they have received initially.

Also most people don't even bother to send in the rebate after they have purchased the product because it's such a hassle. I would also imagine a lot of people don't follow the directions well or they forget about it after they have sent it and don't bother to follow-up if it doesn't come.

A usually reliable source told me only 5% of consumers that buy a product with an eligible rebate actually redeem it. That sounds EXTREMELY low to me though. I feel it's more like 50%.

Oct 16, 2002
Depends on the rebate. I believe the industry-wide standard is 20-25%. At a guess, it'd be higher with large ($50, 100 and up) rebates and probably lower with small ($1, $5) rebates. For instance, I had bought an item I needed that just happened to have a rebate for $3. I was going to mail it in, but then I realized -- why am I going to sell my name and phone number for $3? Then I trashed it.