NewYork Clerk Attacked For Refusing To Sell Beer For Food Stamps

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Apr 27, 2012
OP should start a thread on his new hero Mutahar Murshed Ali.

oh wait, those darn muslims only like to attack christians.

looks like the bigoted racist OP is in a catch-22.

Mutahar Murshed Ali is a good guy though, HE WAS ATTACKED AND I WAS OUTRAGED OVER THIS

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
Whenever I go out here in Chi area, to any area that has significant people collecting the social handouts, one just needs to be in any significant line and pay attention. Links cards being sold in store, used to buy Pepsi, Cheetos, etc. Parents were in Sam's and saw three women with a cart full of ribs. Guess what paid for that? Links card.

1%....maybe he meant like 1% use the card properly?

I had a good laugh one time one a Conservative girl told me that WIC was one of the few programs she liked because it forced people to buy actually healthy food.

Then a few days later I saw that the local gas station convenience store accepted WIC. That is certainly where I go for healthy food!

xj0hnx

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2007
I had a good laugh one time one a Conservative girl told me that WIC was one of the few programs she liked because it forced people to buy actually healthy food.

Then a few days later I saw that the local gas station convenience store accepted WIC. That is certainly where I go for healthy food!

They carry milk, cheese, peanut butter, and sometimes eggs. Granted usually more expensive, but why not.

Apr 27, 2012
I've never added anyone to my ignore list, but nehalem and incorruptible both win the gold today with the circlejerk of racism and bigoted posts.

obvious troll is obvious

This thread has no racism from me, an innocent man had his face slashed over food stamps. I came up with a way to fix the problem

xj0hnx

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2007
This thread has no racism from me, an innocent man had his face slashed over food stamps. I came up with a way to fix the problem

That would not fix the problem. Do you think guns should be banned because someone uses them to kill someone? Same retarded thinking.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
That would not fix the problem. Do you think guns should be banned because someone uses them to kill someone? Same retarded thinking.

Well if a guy wants to spend his food stamps on beer does that not tell you that he is getting to many food stamps?

SheHateMe

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2012
I think it was okay because the Clerk sounds like a Muslim and the Muslim Brotherhood is trying to move into our Government and put Sharia Law into power in the US.

Teheee

xj0hnx

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2007
And given that you need food to live and he is not dead...

Still doesn't mean he gets too much, just that his priorities are all fucked up. I don't think he should have them because he gets enough to spend on alcohol, but rather that instead of food he tries to spend them on alcohol.

Pr0d1gy

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2005
I think it was okay because the Clerk sounds like a Muslim and the Muslim Brotherhood is trying to move into our Government and put Sharia Law into power in the US.

Teheee

lmfao I know, right? I finally decided to ignore the couple of tools that are obviously trolling, but I find your post to be very on point given the nature and origin of this thread.

Capt Caveman

Lifer
Jan 30, 2005
Purchases of alcohol are prohibited using Food Stamps in New York. So, why would you want to eliminate them due to a drunk person assaulting someone. Based on your stupid logic, guns should be banned b/c someone uses them to commit a crime.

http://www.nyc.gov/html/hra/html/directory/info_howtoapply.shtml

What items cannot be purchased with Food Stamps?

Prepared hot foods in grocery stores
Any prepared food (hot or cold) sold and meant to be eaten at the store
Alcoholic beverages and tobacco
Cleaning products, paper products, toiletries, and cooking utensils
Pet supplies
Items for food preservation such as canning jars and lids, freezer containers, or food wrapping paper
Medicines, vitamins or minerals
Items for gardening such as fertilizer and peat moss

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
Well if someone is willing to go to those lengths to get it then how do you propose we stop them? Put RFiD chips in the food? lol

Seriously, what you are asking for is a total authoritarian government that enslaves us all in the name of cutting costs and "security". Does paying taxes really effect you in such a terrible way that you think this country would be better off with welfare and stamps? I mean, you claim to have this cushy finance/accounting job so exactly how much money do you need to live comfortably? I only ask because it does not take much to have a pretty sweet life in this country.

For someone who hates Obama and probably thinks he is a radical Muslim terrorist, you sure sound like one yourself.

Why do you care how much he makes? Are you the arbitrator of living comfortably? Talk about being authoritarian.

Pr0d1gy

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2005
Why do you care how much he makes? Are you the arbitrator of living comfortably? Talk about being authoritarian.

I don't care what he makes, I just don't see why he cares so much. Is that how you measure yourself? I can tell you most women just measure us by length and thickness of cockmeat, and a minor amount of personality.

Money is a motivating factor for many women, the same kind of women that would be prostitutes had they been raised in a different situation. So my question has relevance with regards to why is paying some taxes such a huge fucking problem for all of you when you have a nice home, a new car, plenty of food and drink, etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etcetc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etcetc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc

chucky2

Lifer
Dec 9, 1999
Right, and when someone with one of these food allotment services comes into the business that is there to sell things to make money, and grabs the Pepsi, Cheetos, ribs, whatever they're not supposed to have, and brings them up to the counter, guess what happens? It gets rung up, charged, and away they go. When it's happening tens or hundreds of thousands of times per day and the enforcement personnel are in the single or double digits, of people who really don't care about enforcing it anyways, how much fraud is prevented? A token amount for job justification.

If fraud was being prevented, then someone in a poorer area like me would almost never see it happening. Instead it happens all the time, openly, and without fuss. People talk on the train here about how to work the system.

Steeplerot

Lifer
Mar 29, 2004
You nervous, faced with reality laughter is noted.

Like I would be nervous of someone with the antisocial personality of a basement dwelling moron hopped up on a fantasyworld political rage soap operas for lonely loser guys who noone likes, thus become narcissistic twits who think everyone is out to get them.

That is the right wing in a nutshell. A bunch of hysterical man children huddling in the dark of their own making.

In reality I bet half of you guys are smoking meth/sleeping with your brain in a bottle to write/believe the paranoid right wing shit you do.

Go to sleep, the liberals and spiders are not coming to eat you. Yet.

Last edited:

xj0hnx

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2007
Like I would be nervous of someone with the antisocial personality of a basement dwelling moron hopped up on a fantasyworld political rage soap operas for lonely loser guys who noone likes, thus become narcissistic twits who think everyone is out to get them.

That is the right wing in a nutshell. A bunch of hysterical man children huddling in the dark of their own making.

In reality I bet half of you guys are smoking meth/sleeping with your brain in a bottle to write/believe the paranoid right wing shit you do.

Go to sleep, the liberals and spiders are not coming to eat you. Yet.

And right into the tirade of insults. Damn, you loony leftist are beyond predictable. Seriously, you are textbook.

chucky2

Lifer
Dec 9, 1999
Give him a break, the Dem's as a whole are nervous about O'Bummer losing. They really shouldn't be given Romney as a candidate, but after 2010, it's clear they're really on edge.

berzerker60

Golden Member
Jul 18, 2012
Some great, high level discussion here.
"Here's an anecdote showing someone trying and failing to abuse X. Get rid of X!"
"But X provides benefits, and according to these stats, there's not much abuse, even if there are some real cases of it."
"I don't believe those statistics, because anecdote!"

chucky2

Lifer
Dec 9, 1999
Anecdote is when you go out once and see it being abused once. When you can go out everyday and see it being left and right, it stops being anecdote and becomes Reality. At that point people saying 'its anecdotal' need to come up with an explanation for the widespread observed abuse, and stop hiding behind 'its anecdotal'. I still have not seen such an explanation.

CitizenKain

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2000
Parents were in Sam's and saw three women with a cart full of ribs. Guess what paid for that? Links card.

Suuuuuuuuuuure they did.

Some great, high level discussion here.
"Here's an anecdote showing someone trying and failing to abuse X. Get rid of X!"
"But X provides benefits, and according to these stats, there's not much abuse, even if there are some real cases of it."
"I don't believe those statistics, because anecdote!"

According to rightwingers, the plural of anecdote is data. They have a feeling it is being abused, because if they were on food stamps, they would try and cheat the system, so of course everyone else MUST be doing it.

Last edited:

chucky2

Lifer
Dec 9, 1999
What do I have to say to make you believe it? The lady opened up her wallet, pointed at one Links card, said, 'This one?', the other lady shook her head No, she pointed at another Links card, the lady shook her head Yes, and that's that.

What do I have to do, swear on my grandparents grave and my Stage IV cancer dad future grave (who watched it with his own two eyes) along with my Stage II+ cancer mom who was there also? Not a problem: I swear. My dads not a liar, I don't need to consider him such, especially with the abuse I can go and witness with my own two eyes (and have repeatedly witnessed, and heard).

Again: Come up with a reason why this is widespread, or stop whining when it's pointed out.