NewYork Clerk Attacked For Refusing To Sell Beer For Food Stamps

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
And how would this be?

You figured out how people illicitly sold stamps back in......1995 congrats!

You are only 20 years behind the times lol

No my method works now. You go into the store buy $10 worth of food with the food stamp card. Then go outside and give the food to your homey for $5.

Works fine today.

Steeplerot

Lifer
Mar 29, 2004
You mean she's selling her card for cash? Right.

If you sell your EBT in large figures and come back for a replacement every month it is a obvious flag for your case. And the company who accepted your card is flagged for a investigation at why oddly enough you are selling only 200$ bags of rice to dudes in the TL.

Good way to get immediately shut down and your SNAP account revoked by the county.

This is why we went to a debit system. Giving folks stamps was unaccountable on both ends.

In reality SNAP fraud is less then 1% in SF county now. And has been for at least a decade.

On the flipside SNAP feeds countless families with single mothers, low income families and children by the 1000s for every moron who gets caught doing something shady.

It does not even make logical sense. You lose ALL benefits if you screw around and cheat, lie. You will also go to jail for fraud. We have fingerprints, access to your accounts. Your DMV info. There is no hiding. We literally own your ass.

And why is government so big and intrusive for such a small percentage of bad apples?

People like you. Thanks for making MORE big government with your hype, and making the job harder for those who actually wish to help those working class families who need a hand and deserve it.

It is the single mother, and the family who lost their home living in a vehicle you hurt, we turn away hungry children thanks to you guys racist scapegoating of people who have no political power to assert their situation or motives to scummy people who assume the worst in everyone.

Be cool to investigate YOU guys. Your suspicious attitude that everyone is a criminal is a good sign you are one too.

Last edited:

xj0hnx

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2007
You are talking about taking stamps to mama-san.

Guess what? There havent been stamps in about a decade.

Once again your information and worldview is based off of lies, not reality.

Oh it is very real moron. You think they can't sell a debit card? Idiot.

If I were to show up in SF today a phone call to an old friend would be all I need to get all the info, addresses, etc to scam your city. Back when we hopped trains out there, there was a whole network that got you set up with food stamps, and cash.

Last edited:

xj0hnx

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2007
If you sell your EBT in large figures and come back for a replacement every month it is a obvious flag for your case. And the company who accepted your card is flagged for a investigation at why oddly enough you are selling only 200$ bags of rice to dudes in the TL.

Good way to get immediately shut down and your SNAP account revoked by the county.

This is why we went to a debit system. Giving folks stamps was unaccountable on both ends.

In reality SNAP fraud is less then 1% in SF county now. And has been for at least a decade.

Yes because crackheads are known for their long term thinking.

Apr 27, 2012
This guy was willing to slash someone's face over buying a beer. Just how well do you think it will work out when you prevent people from buying food?

Just to clarify So your saying that if we end welfare people are going to resort to violence?

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
This guy was willing to slash someone's face over buying a beer. Just how well do you think it will work out when you prevent people from buying food?

Seems like that is question for the guy.

After all if he had been successful in buying the beer with his food stamps how was he going to eat?

alien42

Lifer
Nov 28, 2004
OP should start a thread on his new hero Mutahar Murshed Ali.

oh wait, those darn muslims only like to attack christians.

looks like the bigoted racist OP is in a catch-22.

actuarial

Platinum Member
Jan 22, 2009
Public schools are a common good that everyone directly benefits from.

Food stamps benefit a specific group.

See the difference.

It's still welfare. Why should I have to pay higher taxes because some poor family can't afford private school?

chucky2

Lifer
Dec 9, 1999
Yes because crackheads are known for their long term thinking.

What's even more sad is the confidence he has in the system to actually combat fraud. There's x number of people to catch fraud, there's x times a million+ in the large cities there to abuse it. 1% commit fraud. Hahahaha...I never laughed so hard. As long as these Gov Orgs have the metrics to show everything is fine and dandy, and the masses keep getting to sell their cards for cash, buy sh1t they should never be able to buy with it, so they're placated, all is well (well, except for the taxpayer, but WhoTF are they?). It's like an administrative version of Baghdad Bob, only with our money.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
It's still welfare. Why should I have to pay higher taxes because some poor family can't afford private school?

So you are proposing that any woman who cannot afford private school for her children should get a mandatory abortion? :sneaky:

God Mode

Platinum Member
Jul 2, 2005
Food stamps subsidize stores in poorer areas where regular cash profit margins would make it impossible to operate. Its a compromise to having a bunch of poor, angry and hungry people roaming neighboring/richer cities and causing crime.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
No, I don't agree. I agree that Food Stamps and WIC can't be allowed to purchase Alcohol/Tobacco/Meds.

Stopping Food Stamps because a drunk a-hole can't control himself is a retarded knee-jerk reaction that doesn't address the actual problem.

xj0hnx

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2007
What's even more sad is the confidence he has in the system to actually combat fraud. There's x number of people to catch fraud, there's x times a million+ in the large cities there to abuse it. 1% commit fraud. Hahahaha...I never laughed so hard. As long as these Gov Orgs have the metrics to show everything is fine and dandy, and the masses keep getting to sell their cards for cash, buy sh1t they should never be able to buy with it, so they're placated, all is well (well, except for the taxpayer, but WhoTF are they?). It's like an administrative version of Baghdad Bob, only with our money.

It's pretty funny. When I was traveling I saw it all over, it's a well refined business. Now, there are a lot of people that legitamitely use, and really need those programs, but anyone that thinks fraud isn't rampant is a niave fool.

chucky2

Lifer
Dec 9, 1999
It's pretty funny. When I was traveling I saw it all over, it's a well refined business. Now, there are a lot of people that legitamitely use, and really need those programs, but anyone that thinks fraud isn't rampant is a niave fool.

Whenever I go out here in Chi area, to any area that has significant people collecting the social handouts, one just needs to be in any significant line and pay attention. Links cards being sold in store, used to buy Pepsi, Cheetos, etc. Parents were in Sam's and saw three women with a cart full of ribs. Guess what paid for that? Links card.

1%....maybe he meant like 1% use the card properly?

Xecuter

Golden Member
Aug 17, 2004
I've never added anyone to my ignore list, but nehalem and incorruptible both win the gold today with the circlejerk of racism and bigoted posts.

obvious troll is obvious