Newt: "I'm not rich"

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
This is a really stupid thread. Newt says he isnt rich when it is apparent he was taking a jab at Romneys wealth, which Newt clearly isnt in that realm. Then the dailypos actually linked to a real estate website for the area that doesnt have a property under 2.5 million.

Talk about a non-story.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
This is a really stupid thread. Newt says he isnt rich when it is apparent he was taking a jab at Romneys wealth, which Newt clearly isnt in that realm. Then the dailypos actually linked to a real estate website for the area that doesnt have a property under 2.5 million.

Talk about a non-story.
I largely agree, but there is something to be said for Newt's lack of realism or lack of honesty. Someone worth $6.7 million can only say he is not rich if he is spending more time looking at the ultra wealthy than at himself.

I want my President to be one of the 1%, but I also want him to be honest enough to admit it even when it might not be politically advantageous.

And LOL at "dailypos", that's gold. It's funny 'cause it's true.