Newt Gringrich agrees with liberals that Iraq is a disaster

sMiLeYz

Platinum Member
Feb 3, 2003
Well disaster like Vietnam, anyway I trust Newt more than I trust some Fox stooge and some crazy blond anoroxic. ;) Miracles of miracles!

The real key here is not how many enemy do I kill. The real key is how many allies do I grow,? he says. ?And that is a very important metric that they just don?t get.? He contends that the civilian-run CPA is fairly isolated and powerless, hunkered down inside its bunker in Baghdad. The military has the money and the daily contact with the locals. But it?s using the same tactics in a guerrilla struggle that led to defeat in Vietnam."

DISSENT IN THE BUNKER

Fencer128

Platinum Member
Jun 18, 2001
Isn't Newt to the republican party what (pick favourite far, far left politician) is to the democrats?

Not being a US citizen I can only guess from what I've seen/heard?

Cheers,

Andy

sMiLeYz

Platinum Member
Feb 3, 2003
Originally posted by: Fencer128
Isn't Newt to the republican party what (pick favourite far, far left politician) is to the democrats?

Cheers,

Andy

He was a former Republican Speaker of the house before he got iced by Clinton politically. The man has no morals or scruples but damn he looks like a freaking saint compared to the rest of 'em.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: sMiLeYz
Originally posted by: Fencer128

Cheers,

Andy

He was a former Republican Speaker of the house before he got iced by Clinton politically. The man has no morals or scruples but damn he looks like a freaking saint compared to the rest of 'em.

He also coined the "Contract for America" , a Republican PR Campaign that they are still riding on the Coat tails thanks to the continued brainwashing by Rush and Hannity.

LordJezo

Banned
May 16, 2001
He never said it was a disaster. He said on the radio that it had "gone off a cliff" and that the US needed to give control back to the people of Iraq.

That really isnt calling it a disaster.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: LordJezo
He never said it was a disaster. He said on the radio that it had "gone off a cliff" and that the US needed to give control back to the people of Iraq.

I don't know about you but to me going off a cliff is pretty disastrous;)

Miramonti

Lifer
Aug 26, 2000
Hopefully this 'feedback' will be constructive, if possible at this point.

It takes getting lambasted by someone cut from the same cloth sometimes before finally paying attention to the criticism.

kandarp

Platinum Member
May 19, 2003
i heard some white house yokel say that newt was doing this because he was never invited to the white house to meet GWB or have dinner there (heard it on HARDBALL i think)...if that is true there must be one hell of a chicken parmasen there to warrant this bashing

rjain

Golden Member
May 1, 2003
Originally posted by: kandarp
if that is true there must be one hell of a chicken parmasen there to warrant this bashing

Maybe the interns were giving out "party favors".

preslove

Lifer
Sep 10, 2003

RFLMAO!!! come on, that's some of the best linguistic dancing I've seen in a while. It doesn't even make sense. If you fall off of a cliff it HAS to be a disaster. I mean the least damage you could possibly do is break a leg. Next you'll be quibbling over the definition of "is."

The fact of the matter is around 40-50% of the United States population thinks this war has not been a disaster. So that's around 120 million people. The rest of the world's population thinks otherwise. Let's just round it off at 6 billion. Seems like a a near consensus, with bunch of fruitcake fringers babbling otherwise.

If you take off your ideological sunglasses then you will see the light of the quagmire.