Newsweek Poll 2-7-04 Bush's Approval Rating Slips to New Low (48%); Fifty % of Voters Say They Don't Want Him Re-Elected

preCRT

Platinum Member
Apr 12, 2000

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/040207/nysa015a_1.html

NEW YORK, Feb. 7 /PRNewswire/ -

Kerry Strengthens Lead to 48 Percent, 35 Points Ahead of Nearest Rival Dean; Wins in Match-Up With Bush (50% To 45%)

President George W. Bush's approval rating has slipped to 48 percent, the lowest level since February 2001, according to the Newsweek poll.

Fifty percent of registered voters say they would not like to see Bush re-elected to a second term (45% say they would).

And if the election were held today, Democratic frontrunner Sen. John Kerry would win over Bush by 50 percent to 45 percent among registered voters.

tnitsuj

Diamond Member
May 22, 2003
That is kind of misleading. Kerry may win with registered voter numbers, but it will be tricky to take the electoral college.

preCRT

Platinum Member
Apr 12, 2000
Don't think Bush can pull that scam twice, there will be no pregnant or hanging chads this time.

tnitsuj

Diamond Member
May 22, 2003
Originally posted by: preCRT
Don't think Bush can pull that scam twice, there will be no pregnant or hanging chads this time.
It wasn't a scam. He really did win Florida, and thus the election. That is the way our system works and to ignore that is to invite defeat. It isn't simply a matter of more people voting for the Democrat as happened in 2000.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: tnitsuj
That is kind of misleading. Kerry may win with registered voter numbers, but it will be tricky to take the electoral college.
The Electoral College has already been long bought by Bush and his minions, shouldn't even really bother to hold an Election.

Mill

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: dmcowen674
The Electoral College has already been long bought by Bush and his minions, shouldn't even really bother to hold an Election.
Do you wake up every morning with the sole intention of posting misleading information on the internet, or is it just a hobby because your ass can't find a job?

Mill

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: dmcowen674
Do you wake up every morning with the sole intention of posting misleading information on the internet, or is it just a hobby because your ass can't find a job?

josphII

Banned
Nov 24, 2001
oh if its close again in any state im sure the democrats will think of something just as ridiculous to keep the 'recount' moving

chess9

Elite member
Apr 15, 2000
At this point, half of registered voters don't know Bush from Kerry. Just go out and ask a few friends who they are supporting for President. Many will say "I don't know". This may sound a bit sexist but many women are not paying much attention to this stuff yet. (They just aren't as sick as men. We wallow in it, they tolerate it.)

Bush has a huge lead in name recognition, which is why incumbents usually get re-elected despite being God awful in their first term. So, if the election were held today I have NO DOUBT Bush would win handily.

But, the Dems are extremely lucky, Bush has decided to start serious compaigning today. I predict he will be so bad with Russert that Rove will have him running 10 milers AWAY from the media rather than running for President. He'd better sit tight, pray, and not open his mouth. Run a few ads showing him being Presidential and attacking Kerry like he's a mad dog with rabies. That's how he can win this election.

Ignore the polls, they are worthles mind candy.

Assume Bush is going to win and work hard to defeat him. That's the only way a Dem will win.

-Robert

sMiLeYz

Platinum Member
Feb 3, 2003
Actually all of you missed the fact that the Supreme Court essentially decided on Florida, thus the election.

preCRT

Platinum Member
Apr 12, 2000
To paraphrase James Carville, "It's the War and Economy, Stupid"

Just like Viet Nam destroyed Lyndon Johnson's chances at re-election, people are getting fed up with a daily stream of casualties in a poorly defined and endless war. The economy is still in the toilet.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
The Dems are going to have a hard time getting a Mass Liberal elected President.

heartsurgeon

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2001
another way to look at that data is to say that "Bush approval rating and % of voters greater than last election!" HAHA
he's gonna win again...the democrats have beaten up to two people during their primaries...Dean (who answered back and has lost), and Bush, who really hasn't responded to the Democrat accusations. So you have this wall to wall news coverage of Democrats, and their spin of issues, which of course is anti-Bush, and Bush has yet to begin campaigning.
don't worry, be happy...

Kerry has a twisted, murky, extensive background in the Senate...he's gonna win his fourth purple heart if he goes up against Bush...

Insane3D

Elite Member
May 24, 2000
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
The Dems are going to have a hard time getting a Mass Liberal elected President.
You keep saying this, and I think it's bunk. :)

preCRT

Platinum Member
Apr 12, 2000
Kerry isn't Ted Kennedy or Mike Dukakis. You will not see him looking like some dork in a tank, nor blowing a hole in his head with his mouth during the debates.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: Insane3D
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
You keep saying this, and I think it's bunk. :)
Well as a Moderate Independant I would be hard Pressed to vote for him...not that it matters as I am living in Liberal Mass which definatley will award it's electoral votes to Kerry. I also don't see myself voting for Bush either as long as the Neocons and Asscroft as part of his administration. I'll probably just waste my vote and write in McCain like I did in 2000.

preCRT

Platinum Member
Apr 12, 2000
Liberal Mass?

Go tell that to Mitt, who will be able to appoint a Republican to fill Kerry's Senate seat come November.

Insane3D

Elite Member
May 24, 2000
Red -

That's fair, and I don't think it will be easy. However, as much as I dislike polls, the fact that in those polls, Kerry would win if the election was held today at the very least says he has a good chance IMO.

:)

Also, Kerry wouldn't be my choice either...I voted for Edwards in the NH primary, but he is getting outspent now since he didn't opt out of the campaign funds like Kerry and Dean.

sMiLeYz

Platinum Member
Feb 3, 2003
I'm still an ABB (Anyone But Bush), whoever is the nominated, I'll vote for him. I can't even imagine what this country is going to look like in 4 years with him leading it.

ASK THE COMMUNITY