News flash! Fox news is hurting republicans!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Newell Steamer

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2014
Fox News is in the business of making money.

And, they make money by drawing in viewers.

They KNOW what buttons to push - especially the ones on slack jawed yokels. They put more pressure than necessary (spinning and embellishing the truth) to kick up a fervor.

The sad part of this all; we are in an age where pretty much everything can be researched to obtain a different opinion and view. Instead, most folks sit and eat whatever organizations like Fox serves to them,.. no questions asked.

Mxylplyx

Diamond Member
Mar 21, 2007
FoxNews reminds me of Russian state channels. They are very effective in brainwashing their viewers, but then reality hits them and it's hilarious.

I do remember the joy I felt in watching a friend of mine who is an avid fox news viewer in utter shock when Romney got trounced in the general election, despite his assurances from fox and crew that Romney had it in the bag. All the polls that didnt agree with his worldview were written off as liberal rags run by progressives. The joy was short lived though, as I had thought it would lead to some re-evaluation on his part on where he chooses to get his information. He has instead acted like it never happened, and has tucked himself safely back inside the fox news reality bubble where his worldview never has to be challenged.

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
I do remember the joy I felt in watching a friend of mine who is an avid fox news viewer in utter shock when Romney got trounced in the general election, despite his assurances from fox and crew that Romney had it in the bag. All the polls that didnt agree with his worldview were written off as liberal rags run by progressives. The joy was short lived though, as I had thought it would lead to some re-evaluation on his part on where he chooses to get his information. He has instead acted like it never happened, and has tucked himself safely back inside the fox news reality bubble where his worldview never has to be challenged.
Cognitive dissonance.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Cognitive dissonance.

Yeppers. Half of them believe we found wmd's in Iraq. There's the small matter of birtherism & the belief that the BATFE was arming Mexican cartels to take away Americans' guns (what a doozy, huh?) Barney Frank caused the housing bubble. Benghazi was some deep dark plot to do... something, something bad. The IRS oppressed poor pitiful billionaires. Hillary's sekrit emails threaten the republic and Jade Helm! OMFG! Jade Helm! A dastardly plot to take over Texas!

It's expected from people who firmly believe that the Civil War wasn't about slavery & that every word in the bible is the literal truth.