Newegg :(

tranceport

Diamond Member
Aug 8, 2000
www.thesystemsengineer.com
Newegg sent me an opened motherboard two weeks ago when I had ordered a "retail".

I sent it back to them and they are sending me a replacement "unopened" motherboard. However I had to return it ground and it is out for delivery today. I called to see if they would go ahead and ship my replacement and I was told they will ship it 3 to 5 days after the original gets to them. This is so annoying as I want to build my box and everything else is here waiting to go..

Wish they would just cross ship it..Process a refund for the original when they get it and bill me for a new one.. Just get it here.

GagHalfrunt

Lifer
Apr 19, 2001
They have everybody involved in trying to make up a believable excuse for the PayPal fiasco. There was nobody left to negotiate.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Should have spoken with another CS rep & not taken no for an answer ... unfortunately they do have some people working for them these days that don't care much about providing good customer service, but I always get taken care of.

tranceport

Diamond Member
Aug 8, 2000
www.thesystemsengineer.com
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm speaking to someone now (4th person today) who is helping me. She is refunding the previous order. Had me place a new order and is upgrading the shipping to next day. Hopefully it will be here Monday.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Originally posted by: tranceport

I'm speaking to someone now (4th person today) who is helping me. She is refunding the previous order. Had me place a new order and is upgrading the shipping to next day. Hopefully it will be here Monday.

yeap you have to keep calling. it must be new people they are not training to well. wich is to bad. what made NEwegg so good is the great costumer service. but man that has down hill the last 2 years.

Jun 4, 2005
Originally posted by: waggy

yeap you have to keep calling. it must be new people they are not training to well. wich is to bad. what made NEwegg so good is the great costumer service. but man that has down hill the last 2 years.

I'd be more inclined to say they just simply couldn't keep up.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Originally posted by: LoKe
Originally posted by: waggy

I'd be more inclined to say they just simply couldn't keep up.

possible. either way the costumer service has got bad over the last say 2 years.

BUT they are still the best place to shop online i feel.

BigJ

Lifer
Nov 18, 2001
That's for the support today guys...

Now my wife is holding out on me..... Any tips?

Tell her to close her eyes and stick out her hand. You know what to do after that.

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002

Grow a pair, march your ass in the bedroom 30 minutes after she goes to bed and take what you want. Treat her like a piece of meat, pound that tang into quivering submission. If you got the cajones be vocal about it as well.

Then go sleep on the couch, but only if you were arguing before she went to bed.

Think I'm kidding give it a shot, you'll get more ass over the next couple of weeks than you have in the past year.

Capt Caveman

Lifer
Jan 30, 2005
I got another unsealed motherboard... Anyone else that has bought asus recently... Are your motherboards sealed in a plastic bag? Does your asus box have a sealed sticker on it?

Nope.

Turin39789

Lifer
Nov 21, 2000
Originally posted by: Alistar7

Grow a pair, march your ass in the bedroom 30 minutes after she goes to bed and take what you want. Treat her like a piece of meat, pound that tang into quivering submission. If you got the cajones be vocal about it as well.

Then go sleep on the couch, but only if you were arguing before she went to bed.

Think I'm kidding give it a shot, you'll get more ass over the next couple of weeks than you have in the past year.

taking sex not being given = rape?

mordantmonkey

Diamond Member
Dec 23, 2004
Originally posted by: Capt Caveman
I got another unsealed motherboard... Anyone else that has bought asus recently... Are your motherboards sealed in a plastic bag? Does your asus box have a sealed sticker on it?

Nope.

hahaha. so it wasn't "opened" in the first place? good one.

Skunkwourk

Diamond Member
Dec 9, 2004
Originally posted by: BigJ

Tell her to close her eyes and stick out her hand. You know what to do after that.

:music: cut a hole in a box.... :music:

xboxist

Diamond Member
Jun 25, 2002
Originally posted by: m0mentary
Originally posted by: BigJ

:music: cut a hole in a box.... :music:

:music: put your junk in that box...:music:

gingerstewart55

Sep 12, 2007

Read your question and went back into my "storage" room, i.e. junk room, and looked at a bunch of old motherboard boxes from various manufacturers, including Asus, Gigabyte, MSI, Intel (and going way back to an Asus CUSL2 box), and none had external seals except an Intel board I bought from a B&M store.....the rest were all from places like Newegg, ZZF, etc., and none were externally sealed.

I think the external seal on the one Intel box was from the store, most likely.

As for sealed plastic bags inside the box......only sealed plastic bags I've ever seen contained things like cables, connectors, etc. The mb themselves are only in anti-static bags....never plastic bags. And the anti-static bags can be sealed with anything from a "Danger Will Robinson....static sensitive junk inside" stickers to simple scotch tape. A couple weren't even sealed at all.