Newegg screwing me over.

Dulanic

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2000
I've always had great luck with newegg, but they have dropped the ball this time. I ordered about $400 worth of stuff to build my cousin a PC, however something came up and she couldn't afford it, so I called newegg and they said just refuse the shipment, which I did.

It has now been 2 months, I have called newegg 4+ times, they keep telling me they will get it fixed and refunded, they have still not done so. I am getting beyond pissed about it now, Newegg has always had fantastic customer service, but this time not so. I would imagine one of the 4 people I've talked to should have fixed it by now.

I am thinking just dispute it with my credit card?

FleshLight

Diamond Member
Mar 18, 2004
Dear Dulanic,

Thank you for shopping at Newegg.com and for your recent purchase. We truly appreciate your loyalty and the kind words you mentioned in your post.

We would love for the opportunity to discuss this issue with you in greater depth. Please dial 1-800-390-1119 and ask for William L., extension 251. Don't forget to reference your AnandTech post so that we are cognizant of your situation and are able to provide the world-class customer service you have come to rely on.

Thank you once again for your support. We look forward to speaking with you soon.

Kindest regards,
Newegg.com Webmaster

tallest1

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2001
I have this ominous feeling that ATOT and ATHD are going to become the new place for newegg rants

Dulanic

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2000
Originally posted by: tallest1
I have this ominous feeling that ATOT and ATHD are going to become the new place for newegg rants

There aren't too many newegg rants overall, and I've never had a bad experience till now.

Miramonti

Lifer
Aug 26, 2000
I usually have very good experiences with NE but was miffed to find their BBB rating is only "CC" on a scale of A-F, A being tops of course.

amol

Lifer
Jul 8, 2001
Originally posted by: ucdbiendog
newegg >> all

nah, i like newegg, but i go wherever the deal is

so that means zipzoomfly and monarch

zipzoomfly = free shipping on a lot of stuff that newegg doesnt have free shipping on

monarch = no sales tax for CA

DaWhim

Lifer
Feb 3, 2003
Originally posted by: jjsole
I usually have very good experiences with NE but was miffed to find their BBB rating is only "CC" on a scale of A-F, A being tops of course.

are you rating bonds? it should be AAA.

petejk

Apr 6, 2002
usually there is a time length in which you must dispute with ur CC company

i've had problems w/ newegg b4...so you're not alone.

HermDogg

Golden Member
Jul 29, 2004
Also having problems, had an RMA that is now 3 weeks in their hands, with a turnaround time of 2-3 days

Zee

Diamond Member
Nov 27, 1999
Originally posted by: tallest1

Once you know, you newegg.