Newegg RMA - will they reimburse for shipping?

Jumpem

Lifer
Sep 21, 2000
My new monitor is defective. Am stuck paying $40 to ship it back to Newegg, and then paying shipping on the replacement?

SparkyJJO

Lifer
May 16, 2002
You only pay shipping back to them, they pay the shipping back to you.

How does it cost $40 to ship a monitor? Unless, is this a CRT?

Jumpem

Lifer
Sep 21, 2000
Originally posted by: SparkyJJO
You only pay shipping back to them, they pay the shipping back to you.

How does it cost $40 to ship a monitor? Unless, is this a CRT?

That's what the UPS calculator on Newegg gave me for it. It was $27 on my original order.

TheKub

Golden Member
Oct 2, 2001
Unfortunately you are stuck with the "return to" shipping costs (unless you contact them and they decide to be very generous). Its one of the risks of shopping at a non B&M store.

Jesta

Jun 9, 2001
Originally posted by: Shawn
contact them. they will give you a prepaid UPS sticker.

Yep, just returned a defective motherboard and power supply the other day. They provided both UPS return labels.

angry hampster

Diamond Member
Dec 15, 2007
www.lexaphoto.com
Originally posted by: Jesta
Originally posted by: Shawn
contact them. they will give you a prepaid UPS sticker.

Yep, just returned a defective motherboard and power supply the other day. They provided both UPS return labels.

Did the same thing for a motherboard back in April. I felt quite justified in asking after the piece of shit fried two of my MP3 players and a flash drive.

Ronstang

Lifer
Jul 8, 2000
Originally posted by: DaveSimmons
You each pay one way, that's the way RMAs work with most products and companies.

Except whenever I had a Maxtor RMA. They always e-mailed me a prepaid shipping or included one in the box of the new drive they shipped me. Very nice indeed.

NeweggSupport

Jun 29, 2005
Dear Customer,

Thanks for taking the time to post your informative review. We greatly apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced due to your situation. At your earliest convenience, please contact Alex at 800-390-1119 ( dial 25040 immediately ) or by email at alex.a.villarino@newegg.com for further assistance.