Newegg order isn't going through

johnnq1

Mar 4, 2007
i tried to checkout with 1 hard drive in the cart, but once i tried to pay with paypal (reached the "don't press the back button" screen) it gave me an error to try again later. maybe this has to do with thousands of people ordering with paypal to get the 20 bucks off.

when typing in the promotional code for 20 bucks off next 100, nothing happens. i talked to the newegg support and he said to checkout without typing in any codes. any info on this??

keeleysam

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2005
Originally posted by: johnnq1
but...it failed the first time last night. could i call up newegg and complain?

You could, and I'm sure it'd make much more of a difference than a post here.

eplebnista

Lifer
Dec 3, 2001
I haven't had any success using paypal with NE the last few orders I have placed with them.

Analog

Lifer
Jan 7, 2002
I couldn't get the $20 off part to work, but it would allow me to use paypal. I ended up calling a CSR, and he said go ahead and place the order while he was on the phone. Then I gave him the order #, and he promptly credited me back $20. I would say call next time.

NeweggSupport

Jun 29, 2005
Originally posted by: johnnq1
i tried to checkout with 1 hard drive in the cart, but once i tried to pay with paypal (reached the "don't press the back button" screen) it gave me an error to try again later. maybe this has to do with thousands of people ordering with paypal to get the 20 bucks off.

when typing in the promotional code for 20 bucks off next 100, nothing happens. i talked to the newegg support and he said to checkout without typing in any codes. any info on this??

Dear johnnq1,

Thanks for taking the time to post your informative review. We greatly apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced due to your situation. Please contact me personally at alex.a.villarino@newegg.com with your order number and I will go ahead and credit that order $20.00 to honor that Pay Pal promo code for you.

Thank you,

Newegg Support

KeithP

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2000
I tried paying via paypal twice in the last week and both times the ordered crapped out and wouldn't complete. Finally, I emailed them and was told their paypal system was screwed up and not working. They suggested using another form of payment. No date was given when they thought paypal payment would be working again.

-Keith

eplebnista

Lifer
Dec 3, 2001
Originally posted by: NeweggSupport

Dear johnnq1,

Thanks for taking the time to post your informative review. We greatly apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced due to your situation. Please contact me personally at alex.a.villarino@newegg.com with your order number and I will go ahead and credit that order $20.00 to honor that Pay Pal promo code for you.

Thank you,

Newegg Support

I wish y'all would go back to having a one year replacement warranty on all of your products, instead of the limited 30-day refund/replace warranty that is being offered with increasing regularity.