Newegg not give tracking numbers with FedEx?

imaheadcase

Diamond Member
May 9, 2005
I ordered 8 gigs of ram, but i choose Fedex this time because hoping they can deliver it earlier in day than UPS. (8pm at night for nightshift worker is a no-no). But they don't give tracking numbers??

How recent is that..they used to give tracking numbers.

QuantumPion

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2005
I think their web page thing is broken, it says it will display the tracking number on the invoice but it does not. You should get the tracking number by email though.

nerp

Diamond Member
Dec 31, 2005
You'll get it,e ventually.

Though newegg is so fast I sometimes get the e-mail with the tracking # AFTER the goods arrive.

You can often get the tracking # from the newegg site itself before they send an e-mail.

coolpurplefan

Golden Member
Mar 2, 2006
I think some companies actually delay that email so you get the impression it arrived really fast, at least in Canada anyway.

JackMDS

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 25, 1999
Even if you get the number most of the shipping services wait until the middle of the night to do thier housekeeing.

So you might have a number and it is useless to real truck anything for the first day.

Zepper

Elite Member
May 1, 2001
I often get Newegg's invoice email after I've received the package - when they ship from the NJ warehouse the package generally gets here the next day - not much tracking you can do that way... Going back to the site and frequently checking your order status is the earliest way to get the tracking number. It'll be highlighted and linked on the order details page - click on the invoice number from the Status page to get to the order Details.

.bh.

NeweggSupport

Jun 29, 2005
Originally posted by: imaheadcase
I ordered 8 gigs of ram, but i choose Fedex this time because hoping they can deliver it earlier in day than UPS. (8pm at night for nightshift worker is a no-no). But they don't give tracking numbers??

How recent is that..they used to give tracking numbers.

Dear Customer,

Thanks for taking the time to post your informative review. We greatly apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced due to your situation. At your earliest convenience, please contact Alex at 800-390-1119 ( dial 25040 immediately ) or by email at alex.a.villarino@newegg.com for further assistance.

Zepper

Elite Member
May 1, 2001
Yup, you can either accept the 3-day default which usually ships UPS or select from "other options".

.bh.