Newegg neutered their site! I want the old granular one back.

MichaelD

Lifer
Jan 16, 2001
n/m I'm blind. It's there, on the LEFT instead of up top where they should've left it. ;)

WTH? :confused: What did they do to their website.

I want to go to "Motherboards" and have the list up top where you can check "Intel compatible" or "Socket 462" etc. Any way to get that back? This stinks!

ForumMaster

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2005
i liked the original version. if anyone remembers the first version where you could narrow parts by drop down menus.

MichaelD

Lifer
Jan 16, 2001
Originally posted by: ForumMaster
i liked the original version. if anyone remembers the first version where you could narrow parts by drop down menus.

That's what I'm talking about. Once in "motherboards" you could then drop down "AMD" then "NForce" or "Via" or whatever. THis new site is for the birds.

boomerang

Lifer
Jun 19, 2000
Look over on the left side. They've just changed the layout.

Clicking on AMD or Intel boards will give you the drop-down selection lists you're used to.

Instead of being at the top, it's on the left side.

A few weeks back I got on the site and I couldn't navigate at all like it used to be. It cleared itself up later. Maybe a cache issue?

MichaelD

Lifer
Jan 16, 2001
Originally posted by: boomerang
Look over on the left side. They've just changed the layout.

Clicking on AMD or Intel boards will give you the drop-down selection lists you're used to.

:eek: O_M_G. I so just owned myself.

/crawls under rock
/quietly lets rock drop

Thank you for pointing that out...I honestly didn't see it. 12-hour shifts suck. :(

Tremulant

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2004
Same thing happened to me the other day.

And even now that I know it's on the left, I catch myself looking for it at the top.

Kaido

Elite Member & Kitchen Overlord
Feb 14, 2004
Yeah I liked it on the top, it was much easier. Now you have to scroll down when you search for parts by digging deeper into the categories :p

conehead433

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 2002
They definitely need to fix their shipping charges. Last time I visited the site everything was $11 or more for shipping. What a ripoff.

secretanchitman

Diamond Member
Apr 11, 2001
Originally posted by: eplebnista
I miss the Newegg of a couple of months ago. :(

i miss the newegg YEARS ago when they had unbeatable prices and great shipping. i mean, they are still good, but arent as great as they used to be.

latino666

Golden Member
Sep 27, 2005
Originally posted by: secretanchitman
Originally posted by: eplebnista
I miss the Newegg of a couple of months ago. :(

i miss the newegg YEARS ago when they had unbeatable prices and great shipping. i mean, they are still good, but arent as great as they used to be.

me too they seem to charge for shipping a lot more now a days