Newegg Lanfest???

SunnyD

Belgian Waffler
Jan 2, 2001
www.neftastic.com
I'm not trying to promote Newegg here or anything - but how could you NOT be the #1 online retailer in the US if you do stuff like this.

NewEgg.com's Ultimate LAN party, LANfest2k4, is here!!! Ready to taste the real action? Come experience a LAN event like no other.

NewEgg.com is proud to announce "LANfest2k4", a 200-player PC video game tournament featuring the most elite tournament PC systems on the circuit. LANfest2k4 will be held Saturday, April 24 through Sunday April 25, 2004 in Pasadena, California at the Conference Building of the Pasadena Convention Center.

Join us for two days of unparalleled excitement as players come to compete for fun and prizes in a 36 hour tournament of pure frag-tastic fun. Frag it out in your favorite multiplayer PC games, rub elbows with reps from the hottest hardware and software companies in the industry or enjoy an awesome array of entertainment including short films and anime that will be featured in the spectator theater. You can also groove to music spun by special guest DJs. Don't forget to enter the case-mod contest, hang with fellow gamers and participate in various contests held throughout the event.

I mean - holy crap! If I had the cash, I'd be all over this.

Chrono

Diamond Member
Jan 2, 2001
heh, i saw that yesterday when i was browsing newegg. i'd join but i don't game much anymore.

dc

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 1999
this is socal. heh. hope asian gang fights don't break out like at those gaming cafes.

ViRGE

Elite Member, Moderator Emeritus
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: hdeck
only 200 players? that's nothing big at all
Ya, I've been to 500 man LANs, and that's still nothing compared to what goes down in Europe, with 4K man LANs.

abaez

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2000
This looks like their first one, I'm sure they want to start small and then get bigger. I doubt you would want to throw a 500+ person lan without any experience at it.