Newegg drop shipping, or what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeezerMan

Platinum Member
Jan 28, 2005
This is a scratching my head thinking how do they do it type of question.
I noticed several Ebay sellers with a similiar styling of their user names all of them selling the same PC parts at a pretty good price. They don't have a large selection, just a very small selection. All of these sellers are fairly new on ebay too.
I got a CPU, new in the box, with free 2nd day air shipping, for a great price. I get the box today, and it's a Newegg box, shipped right from Newegg. The packing slip shows a Bill To Address that's not the ebay sellers address or name. The Ship To address is my address. This was about 35.00 cheaper than Newegg's price they had on their web page, not to mention the free 2nd day shipping.
Now, I'm thinking hmmm, are they scamming someone's Newegg account?, or is it just a case of a drop shipping business, where someone is getting a pretty darn good discount. I would think if it was a scam, the merchandise selection these sellers offered would not be so limited. Maybe Newegg is offering some hefty discounts on certain items. Anyway, I'm just curious.

Last edited by a moderator:

mizzou

Diamond Member
Jan 2, 2008
This is a scratching my head thinking how do they do it type of question.
I noticed several Ebay sellers with a similiar styling of their user names all of them selling the same PC parts at a pretty good price. They don't have a large selection, just a very small selection. All of these sellers are fairly new on ebay too.
I got a CPU, new in the box, with free 2nd day air shipping, for a great price. I get the box today, and it's a Newegg box, shipped right from Newegg. The packing slip shows a Bill To Address that's not the ebay sellers address or name. The Ship To address is my address. This was about 35.00 cheaper than Newegg's price they had on their web page, not to mention the free 2nd day shipping.
Now, I'm thinking hmmm, are they scamming someone's Newegg account?, or is it just a case of a drop shipping business, where someone is getting a pretty darn good discount. I would think if it was a scam, the merchandise selection these sellers offered would not be so limited. Maybe Newegg is offering some hefty discounts on certain items. Anyway, I'm just curious.

Did you win a bid or was it by now only?

purplehippo

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2000
They have an affiliates program. I am sure that Newegg would not undercut themselves. Just about anything can happen on ebay if you know what I mean. Maybe call Newegg and see what is up.

Status
Not open for further replies.