Newegg computers is a worthy business

Frosty3799

Diamond Member
Nov 4, 2000
I have bought from many businesses, but i think newegg is quite credible in their dealings.

i received a defective motherboard from them, and because it was defective, something in it was sending wayyy too much voltage to the processor. so i called them up at first, and told them the motherboard was defective, so they gave me an RMA #, etc. for me to send it back. well i put the processor back into another computer... and it didnt work at all... i was quite mad at first, but when i called them up, and told them what happened, they told me to just send the processor to them too, and they would send me a new one.

This is what i believe to be good business practice.

Just thought i would let everyone know :)

Josh

aphex

Moderator<br>All Things Apple
Jul 19, 2001
Almost all the computers ive built have been strictly with parts from newegg. Their return policies and prices are top notch. :)

saltedeggman

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2001

<< Almost all the computers ive built have been strictly with parts from newegg. Their return policies and prices are top notch. :) >>

no doubts !!

that's why their ratings are so high...
but people just exaggerate their unpleansant experience with them...(remember people make mistakes, let alone machines)

Frosty3799

Diamond Member
Nov 4, 2000
Yes, i usually get all newegg parts too. even if its a few bucks more, its always to my door within 3 days.

And this experience has pretty much sold me for life on them (well as long as they are there)

Josh

Bulldozer

Oct 12, 2001
Did you buy the processor with the mobo or did you already have the processor?

If you did not purchase it with the mobo and they still replaced it, that is a very impressive response on their behalf.

Other online vendors could learn a lot from Newegg.com

Frosty3799

Diamond Member
Nov 4, 2000
oh, i bought the processor totally separate, i was jsut upgrading my motherboard and ram (iwill xp333 and a chip of ocz pc3000 ram... mmm good overclocking once i get that back up and running)

Josh

SithSolo1

Diamond Member
Mar 19, 2001
I love newegg. I now buy my stuff exclusively from them, the "for sale" forum, and crucial.

I even bought one of their Newegg case badges. It looks great on my black Antec SX-1030.