Newegg Accidental Damage Plan??

Discussion in 'SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones PCs' started by amdforever2, Jan 28, 2009.

1. amdforever2

amdforever2 Golden Member

So I want to get this Acer notebook for $799 from Newegg, Turion processor and dedicated ATI 3650 graphics. Anyways, Best Buy doesn't seem to sell anything comparable for same price and I really have to have the extended warranty with accidental damage.

Does anyone here have experience with Newegg's "Service Net Day 1 Notebook ADH Warranty Plan"? It's $269.99 for three years, cheaper than Best Buy's warranty.

With Best Buy accidental damage I can basically have anything happen to it and just go to a Best Buy store to have it fixed. Is dealing with the Newegg warranty going to be a pain in the ass or as easy as the BB warranty (except newegg warranty of course requires mail in service)?

2. Brainonska511

Is the accidental damage plan really worth $270 for 3 years? The notebook will be worth about that much after a year with the way technology has been progressing. You can just purchase it with a CC that offers accidental damage coverage (90 days on my Amex) and doubles the warranty (up to a year extra, generally). That should be more than enough, unless you're not careful with your electronics...

3. amdforever2

amdforever2 Golden Member

I really want the warranty. Every laptop I have had has died an early death.

The power sockets get loose causing the power cord to not make contact (can't charge laptop). The screen hinges get loose causing monitor to fall down constantly. Drop laptop or hit desk angrily for some reason, said laptop hard drive fails. Etc etc.

I want the extended warranty/accidental damage.

4. Zap

Zap Elite Member

Wow, you sure are rough on your equipment. :Q

Sounds as if it might be worth it in your case... for the rest of us extended warranties and accidental warranties are big money makers for the company, meaning on average not worth it for us.

5. Brainonska511

Wow.... then go for the warranty extension.

I've had my laptop since June 2006 and it's still in excellent condition. I've had the hard drive die, but that was because a book fell off my shelf (when I was lacking bookends) and hit my laptop while it was on and it was a $100 part at the time, so I came out ahead.