Newegg 2500K/2600K Combo Deals

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

tedrodai

Golden Member
Jan 18, 2006
I bit on the ASUS combo deal and went ahead and grabbed some RAM too...I made it 4.5 yrs this time before a new system build, but I can't stand it any longer ;). My last build was a Conroe system, and this one is looking to be just as exciting. Already ordered my case, and if I can find an SSD deal I like, I'll be flying high.

I was dissapointed in Civ 5 after reading about it after release, but I'll take it as a 'freebie' deal sweatener. Here's hoping the mod community does good things in the future...heck, maybe even the developers???

smoka

Mar 3, 2011
So it's end of april April (almost 4 months after release) and there it's getting harder to find combo deals on motherboard/cpu bundles for Sandy bridge. Besides a few Microcenter deals that pop up, the biggest discount offered by newegg was $15 off on the CPU only.

I got 16 GB G.Skill Sniper memory just waiting for a new Sandy Bridge home :) I'm looking to replace a Q9300 & 4GB DDR2 setup with an i7-2600k & 16gb DDR3. Around $450 for an Asus Sabertooth with an i7-2600k would be perfect!

Last edited:

claes

Jan 6, 2011
For motherboards, BIOS flashing, overclocking, ease of use, forum support, etc, both Asus and Gigabyte > MSI. I would even add EVGA to this list. I haven't had a chance to use S1155 boards yet, but on S1156 MSI boards you couldn't even flash the BIOS in Windows. Completely unacceptable.

The GD65 has less power phases than the $10 more expensive Asus P8P67 board and the cheaper Gigabyte UD3P board. You also get advanced replacement with Asus for the first year of warranty and dual-BIOS chips on Gigabyte in-case you brick one of them flashing.

http://techreport.com/articles.x/20190
I can flash my p55-gd80 in Windows... and my EVGA X58... lots of overclock options on both... just sayin'

qliveur

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2007
For motherboards, BIOS flashing, overclocking, ease of use, forum support, etc, both Asus and Gigabyte > MSI. I would even add EVGA to this list. I haven't had a chance to use S1155 boards yet, but on S1156 MSI boards you couldn't even flash the BIOS in Windows. Completely unacceptable.
Maybe MSI realizes that using a Windows-based utility to flash the BIOS is just asking for trouble. :whiste:

RussianSensation

Elite Member
Sep 5, 2003
I can flash my p55-gd80 in Windows... and my EVGA X58... lots of overclock options on both... just sayin'

Good to know MSI has that option now available. When I got their P55 board September 2009, I coulnd't do that. The flashing worked without a problem through a bootable USB key. But still, it's good to have more than 1 way to flash the bios. :thumbsup:

Maybe MSI realizes that using a Windows-based utility to flash the BIOS is just asking for trouble. :whiste:

EVGA and Gigabyte tend to include dual-BIOS chips on their boards as an added protection. I have been flashing within Windows since 2006 and never had any issues.