Newegg $170 deal on Lightroom until 12:59 PST 4/5/10

randomlinh

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
linh.wordpress.com
hrm... LR3 might be closer than we think? Adobe's upgrade price is $99, so it'd be cheaper than buying LR3 later.

Unless adobe drops the price of LR to compete against aperture.

gsellis

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 2003
hrm... LR3 might be closer than we think? Adobe's upgrade price is $99, so it'd be cheaper than buying LR3 later.

Unless adobe drops the price of LR to compete against aperture.
It is always hard to tell. That might be the cheap path to LR3. Getting the deal now and then the upgrade. While I don't watch for LR deals and prices, I know when I priced it the first time, I had a heart attack :) . So hopefully someone will find this useful.

randomlinh

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
linh.wordpress.com
It is always hard to tell. That might be the cheap path to LR3. Getting the deal now and then the upgrade. While I don't watch for LR deals and prices, I know when I priced it the first time, I had a heart attack :) . So hopefully someone will find this useful.

It's only $300. I think it's well worth it. Though, $200 for Aperture is awesome. However, if you aren't manipulating a lot of files or doing it for work... then Picasa's "Free" is far far more attractive =) Just don't ever look into pricing for Photoshop....

Not everyone likes to use beta though. That's been out for a while now (LR3 beta in general).

T2k

Golden Member
Feb 24, 2004
Ehh, just got one... running LR3 beta already and it gives me cheaper upgrade path.