Newbie - Mo RC5 Questions (oh, and all your base are belong to us)

BadThad

Lifer
Feb 22, 2000
Well, I have stats: BadThad Stats. Wow, I moved up 17k places, LOL.

1) I'm not checking keys that have already been checked, am I? The stats make it sound like I'm starting at ground zero!

2) I joined TA, but I don't see anyway to verify that.

3) Where is there a master list of all TA RC5 members? We have such a list for SETI.

BTW - I asslaminated a lowly P166MMX today. It was just too weak to run SETI on, so it's been sitting idle for months now (well sort of, it runs an EDXRF SEM)...NOT ANYMORE. Seems it's OK with RC5.

OT - Does anyone know the origin/rational behind the improper, gramatically incorrect saying "Your 'whatever' are belong to us". :) I just keep seeing it more and more.

Choralone

Dec 2, 1999
Lets see if I can answer some of your questions...

1. No you're not starting from ground zero. Just your stats are. Everyone is supposed to get different keys but some don't get counted due to randoms or if you've held them for more than 90 days or so.

2. Click here. You were 504th place in terms of blocks submitted by ALL members of AT yesterday.

3. Master list, I don't think we have one but try looking on the TA Website where you can add your name to the list of team members.

Just remember that EVERY blocks counts no matter how lowly a machine. I think there are still some members cracking on 486 machines!

Poof

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2000
OT - Does anyone know the origin/rational behind the improper, gramatically incorrect saying "Your 'whatever' are belong to us". I just keep seeing it more and more.

LOL badthad!

Check out BurntKooshie's thread on the subject. There are links in there that should answer alot of your questions... ;)