New York Philharmonic performs in North Korea

Jawo

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2005
The New York Philharmonic played a concert Tuesday night in Pyongyang, North Korea on Tuesday Night. NYTimes
NPR Article
Perhaps a little Gershwin and Dvorak will placate the Pyongyang government? Maazel and the New York musicians come to the North Korean capital armed with the "New World" Symphony No. 9 by Antonin Dvorak and the rollicking An American in Paris by George Gershwin.

SIR, but didn't see anything in OT or P&N.

kedlav

Aug 2, 2006
watched some during my break, good performance. Oh, and the translator chick is pretty nice looking too

E equals MC2

Banned
Apr 16, 2006
Have you seen the documentaries of these poor people?

They're so brainwashed that they think they live in paradise. Some of the North Korean elite schools even teach English where students learn to mimic American and British accents.

Their internet is censored (no avg citizen has PCs anyway), you have to get a permit just to move. And obviously, absolutely no foreign traveling.

It's so sad....

<--- South Korean.

Jawo

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2005
It is very sad E=mc2, I was watching a show where US doctors went to to perform cateract surgury (since the country didn't have ANY modern medical facilities). Many had been blind for years, and this is a very correctable procedure. As soon as the bandages were removed, the first thing that they did was "pray" to Kim Song Il picture in the room. Its very sad...and sick how Kim lives a very posh life where 90% of his population is still living according to 1950's standards!

E equals MC2

Banned
Apr 16, 2006
Originally posted by: Jawo
It is very sad E=mc2, I was watching a show where US doctors went to to perform cateract surgury (since the country didn't have ANY modern medical facilities). Many had been blind for years, and this is a very correctable procedure. As soon as the bandages were removed, the first thing that they did was "pray" to Kim Song Il picture in the room. Its very sad...and sick how Kim lives a very posh life where 90% of his population is still living according to 1950's standards!

99.99999% u mean?