New York Governor admits to cheating on his wife

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Hayabusa Rider
Prostitution is a crime. But who would be the "victim" if the John was a single Wall Street banker?

That's a very good question to ask Elliot, since he crushed Wall Street bankers for hiring prostitutes.

That's a separate issue. Hypocrisy isn't a crime.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Originally posted by: BoberFett
Prostitution is a crime. But who would be the "victim" if the John was a single Wall Street banker?

That's a very good question to ask Elliot, since he crushed Wall Street bankers for hiring prostitutes.

Neither is justice.

I'm not at all sure of what you are arguing for.

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

Neither is justice.

Then try reading it again. It's really not difficult.

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000

Neither is justice.

I'm stupid. I read the words, but they seem to have little meaning in this discussion. My apologies.

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

Neither is justice.

I'm stupid. I read the words, but they seem to have little meaning in this discussion. My apologies.

At least you can admit it. I'll try to type slowly so you can keep up.

It doesn't matter what Spitzer's personal views on prostitution are. He was enforcing the law of the land.

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000

Neither is justice.

It doesn't matter what Spitzer's personal views on prostitution are. He was enforcing the law of the land.

I thought you would agree.

So, if I understand correctly you have no problem with Spitzer being removed from office and prosecuted since he broke the law of the land. Spitzer should be held to the same level of accountability as that Wall Street banker.

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002

Neither is justice.

So, if I understand correctly you have no problem with Spitzer being removed from office and prosecuted since he broke the law of the land. Spitzer should be held to the same level of accountability as that Wall Street banker.

The law is stupid.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: jpeyton
Originally posted by: CADsortaGUY
Originally posted by: jpeyton
It's a victim-less crime.

Yeah, tell that to spitzers wife and kids. :roll: You F'n morons who keep trying to sell this "victimless" bullshit disgust me. : Puke :

And yes, I know this thread is about the other guy but I can't stand to see the BS.
I didn't expect you to so easily confuse "prostitution" with "infidelity", but it seems you couldn't help yourself. Prostitution doesn't imply infidelity, and infidelity doesn't imply prostitution.

Your sweeping generalizations about an activity are exactly why alcohol was once prohibited. Drinking alcohol produces scores of "victims" too (often dead ones in car wrecks), but we don't ban alcohol today because we know how to separate victim-less activities (drinking alcohol) from activities that produce victims (driving while impaired by alcohol).

Spitzer's wife and kids are "victims" because Elliot was married and slept with another woman. She could've been a random girl at a bar, the maid, a secretary, or a prostitute. Infidelity isn't a crime.

: puke; :barf; :hurl; : omguoffendedme; Feel better now?

Your post was in the context of spitzer - in which case it very much isn't a victimless crime. So it happens to be YOU who is trotting out the "sweeping generalizations" with your careless "victimless crime" BS. Can it be "victimless" sure but certainly isn't all the time - not even close.

Now, I don't care if you are on some crusade to make it legal - I really don't care if it is or not - I just take issue with you people who think it's "victimless" by default. It most certainly isn't always victimless. Sheesh.

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

Neither is justice.

You're right, I do think he should be treated equally.

That doesn't mean I can't find the criminalization of a basic human biological function to be a ridiculous notion. People have sex. Americans need to get over it.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Sexual infidelity is starting to cost me money. Spitzer whacked some of my stocks and Clinton cost me a pile to investigate. Important issues are overlooked while people glue themselves to media to read the latest smut.

I am starting to look forward to the day when Sharia Law finally becomes the law of the land and I can start collecting a big pile of stones. We'll probably have to go through a few piles early on, but by the time I get my aim down real good the problem will largely disappear, I'm real sure.