New York gets Chinese ventilators; Trump wants more thanks from NY governor. WTF?!

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
wtop.com/world/2020/04/competition-for-supplies-sharpening-as-pandemic-worsens/

In a sign of the disorganized response to the global crisis, Gov. Andrew Cuomo praised the Chinese government for its help in securing the shipment of the breathing machines.

Trump said states are making inflated requests for medical supplies when the need isn’t there and suggested he had a hand in the ventilator shipment arriving from China to New York.
Trump also said he’d like to hear a more resounding “thank you” from Cuomo for providing medical supplies and helping quickly to add hospital capacity.
Cuomo acknowledged he asked the White House and others for help negotiating the ventilators.

“We have given the governor of New York more than anybody has ever been given in a long time,” Trump told reporters in Washington.

Inflated requests?!
NY has the highest cases of the virus out of all the states.

And Trump wants some atta-boys for getting needed stuff to the States in time of crisis??
Holy Narcissism Batman!

edit:
Narcissistic personality disorder-
Symptoms include an excessive need for admiration, disregard for others' feelings, an inability to handle any criticism, and a sense of entitlement.

Last edited:

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Trump is going to grab every single opportunity he can to cover up his blatant mishandling of this national crisis. He has single-handedly exacerbated this crisis in a very monumental and deadly way and his reaction to being called out for it is to, as history keeps repeating itself, blame others for his gross negligence while patting himself on the back for the wonderful job he's doing.

It's sickening to see him do this time after time while not suffering an iota of loss of confidence from his party.

Reactions: ch33zw1z

Gabe323

Apr 29, 2002
At today's Trump briefing he basically took credit for the ventilators that were gifted by the Chinese because he was friends with Xi and Jack Ma first.

• Haha
Reactions: ch33zw1z

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
I mean, just ask Governor Baker in Mass. Trump could’ve had Feds seize the Chinese ventilators bound for NY and given them to FEMA, but this time he didn’t! I guess that deserves a “Thank you, Mr. President”??

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
When a communist government helps more than our own federal government, the question has to be asked why we pay income taxes.

Reactions: cytg111

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
When I hear news like this I wonder how Fox and Breitbart will spin it to make Donald look good.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
OK, I found it:

The first sentence is a big fat lie.

The spirit of bipartisanship and goodwill that has been fostered between President Trump and some of the nation’s Democratic governors amid the coronavirus pandemic seems to eroding as Trump and New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo traded shots on Tuesday over who is responsible for a dearth of desperately needed ventilators in the state so far hardest hit by the contagion.

At no point has Donald ever worked to or accomplished a spirit of goodwill with any Democrat.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Divide and conquer.
Its weird cause in my mind it would only be his own base he divides... but yea, reality is weird some times.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
OK, I found it:

The first sentence is a big fat lie.

At no point has Donald ever worked to or accomplished a spirit of goodwill with any Democrat.

He takes credit for the positive relationship with Gavin Newsom in California, but it helps that his son is also banging Newsom’s ex.