New York forgets to exempt law enforcement from their magazine capacity limits

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Puddle Jumper

Platinum Member
Nov 4, 2009
and sometimes even when you don't.

Proof?

I'm not really a Glock fan and prefer the FN FNX series myself but every torture test I have seen of a Glock has had the safety function as it should, this includes dragging it behind a truck for example.

gevorg

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 2004
police-state-e1334700417100.png

DucatiMonster696

Diamond Member
Aug 13, 2009
This is truly hilarious.

A knee-jerk reactionary bill anti-2nd amendment bill forgets its figurative hat and pants at home.

Or better yet...

Knee jerk reactionary politicians say "We got pass this bill before we all get to know whats inside for the sake of the children !!!

Last edited:

chucky2

Lifer
Dec 9, 1999
This is truly hilarious.

A knee-jerk reactionary bill anti-2nd amendment bill forgets its figurative hat and pants at home.

Or better yet...

Knee jerk reactionary politicians say "We got pass this bill before we all get to know whats inside for the sake of the children !!!

It's sort of ironic this happened. In other threads talking about succession I've said that if conditions ever got that bad in the country, where The Coasts and The Middle decided to call it quits with each other, that The Coasts would gradually descend into sh1t as the checks the Right puts on the Left were totally removed and the Left - and especially the insane Left - were allowed to totally run free with their "logic".

And, we see, without that even happening, how F'd up they rule already. Thank god this is contained to just NY at this point (winces...realizes he lives in IL and that I'm sure something like this is coming)...

micrometers

Diamond Member
Nov 14, 2010
The coasts would be fine without the red states. For one thing, the pro-gun states tend to be net tax recipients while the coastal states and net tax payers.

DucatiMonster696

Diamond Member
Aug 13, 2009
It's sort of ironic this happened. In other threads talking about succession I've said that if conditions ever got that bad in the country, where The Coasts and The Middle decided to call it quits with each other, that The Coasts would gradually descend into sh1t as the checks the Right puts on the Left were totally removed and the Left - and especially the insane Left - were allowed to totally run free with their "logic".

And, we see, without that even happening, how F'd up they rule already. Thank god this is contained to just NY at this point (winces...realizes he lives in IL and that I'm sure something like this is coming)...

That is the beauty of the system setup by our founding fathers and its attempt to curb stupid at the door-step of states rather than allow it free reign all over this nation via a centralized governmental system. But sadly our nation is abandoning this well thought out system and heading toward the opposite path of which both major parties can be looked at for blame in that regard.

Last edited:

DucatiMonster696

Diamond Member
Aug 13, 2009
The coasts would be fine without the red states. For one thing, the pro-gun states tend to be net tax recipients while the coastal states and net tax payers.

You do understand that federal taxes are collected on individuals and not states right? Those tax dollars belong to the individuals taxed by the Federal government and not the states they reside in at any given time or moment.

Moreover red states tend to have smaller populations which means they would naturally have less federal tax payers and their smaller populations mean they will always need fed dollars to enact federal programs, police federal regulations, etc. Not to mention that they also attract older people who want to retire in a state in which the cost of living is relatively cheap and not constantly rising.

Than again coast states (especially CA and NY) now have had a standing trend of attracting the bulk of younger people on government aide who are quickly out pacing the population of productive individuals in those coast states. So we'll see how long that lasts when the minority of productive people in those states have to shoulder the tax burden on a ever growing tide of people who pay minimal to no federal (and/or state taxes were applicable) taxes.

Last edited:

chucky2

Lifer
Dec 9, 1999
That is the beauty of the system setup by our founding fathers and its attempt to curb stupid at the door-step of states rather than allow free reign all over this nation via a centralized governmental system but sadly our nation is abandoning this well thought out system and heading toward the opposite path of which both major parties can be look at for blame in that regard.

Yep.

micrometers

Diamond Member
Nov 14, 2010
You do understand that federal taxes are collected on individuals and not states right? Those tax dollars belong to the individuals taxed by the Federal government and not the states they reside in at any given time or moment.

Moreover red states tend to have smaller populations which means they would naturally have less federal tax payers and their smaller populations means they will always need fed dollars to enact federal programs, police federal regulations, etc. Not to mention that they also attract older people who want to retire in a state in which the cost of living is relatively cheap and not constantly rising.

Than again coast states (especially CA and NY) now have had a standing trend of attracting the bulk of younger people on government aide who are quickly out pacing the population of productive individuals in those coast states. So we'll see how long that lasts when the minority of productive people in those states have to shoulder the tax burden on a ever growing tide of people who pay minimal to no federal (and/or state taxes were applicable).

obviously.

Of course, NYC preys on like Kentucky coal mining.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
Both parties enjoy the police state, I assure you they will never be bothered by the letter of the law, for they will be deemed immune to it.
They probably prefer it; helps establish that they aren't bound by the same laws we have to endure. You don't law the law.

Agent11

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2006
I'd like to see them try to actually argue that. The supreme court would chew them alive.

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
Once again, idiot politicians don't think through the impact of their legislation. What a bunch of fucking morons.

Tom

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Proof?

I'm not really a Glock fan and prefer the FN FNX series myself but every torture test I have seen of a Glock has had the safety function as it should, this includes dragging it behind a truck for example.

yea right. Why would somebody do that ? The only reason is to refute the reports of problems.

You have access to the internet. It isn't hard to find.

btw, on the subject of proof, what's the deal with the NRA using their lackeys in Congress to obfuscate and hide statistics about guns, gun injuries, gun deaths ?

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
yea right. Why would somebody do that ? The only reason is to refute the reports of problems.

You have access to the internet. It isn't hard to find.

btw, on the subject of proof, what's the deal with the NRA using their lackeys in Congress to obfuscate and hide statistics about guns, gun injuries, gun deaths ?

"You have access to the internet. It isn't hard to find."

Puddle Jumper

Platinum Member
Nov 4, 2009
I wasn't asking for facts. I'm asking for opinions from people on this forum about the NRA's goal to prevent the collection of data.

I would guess because no matter what the facts actually say ignorant politicians will misrepresent them to attack our second amendment rights.

For example take the current AR-15 hysteria, you are an order of magnitude more likely to be killed by your doctor than an AR-15 yet I don't see any progressives freaking out about that.

Brigandier

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2008
Meh, I don't see why law enforcement shouldn't follow laws for citizens. If they need something bigger, call the National Guard.

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
I wasn't asking for facts. I'm asking for opinions from people on this forum about the NRA's goal to prevent the collection of data.

Do you have a link with info regarding the NRA's goal to prevent the collection of data?

marvdmartian

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2002
Yeah, this is what happens, when you simply rush a bill through to have it signed into law, without reading it first.

Now where else have we seen this happen?? :hmm:

Tom

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I would guess because no matter what the facts actually say ignorant politicians will misrepresent them to attack our second amendment rights.

For example take the current AR-15 hysteria, you are an order of magnitude more likely to be killed by your doctor than an AR-15 yet I don't see any progressives freaking out about that.

I think a lot of people freak out about that.

But, its interesting you support the use of statisitics in the same post you seem to justifiy making collecting statistics illegal.

So you support the suppression of the truth, or not ?