New York driver allegedly plows into family of 8, killing mom after asked to stop smoking

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
https://www.foxnews.com/us/woman-dead-after-driver-plows-into-family-in-suburban-ny

A father asked a man to stop smoking around his children, probably because he is aware that tobacco is responsible for well over a magnitude more deaths than firearms and he didn't want his children harmed. The smoker retaliated by driving his car into the family of eight, killing mom and injuring the others. Not sure how stupid humanity can be, but this seems like a fine example of pushing those limits. From an argument over smoking to a family that will never be the same, a woman's life lost, six kids now grow up with out their mom, and this guy at 35 years old will probably spend a vast majority of the rest of his days behind bars. Dumb, dumb, dumb.

Clickbait thread title altered to reflect reality. You should know better by now.
admin allisolm

Last edited by a moderator:
Feb 4, 2009
Oh god not another of these threads, come up with a new bogey man slow.

Nobody is falling for this but the most in depth gun guys.
Facts are nearly everyone including NRA members want some kind of standardized background check, nearly everyone including NRA members want some kind of tracking system that works for gun sales, nearly everyone including NRA members want ap rounds and bumpstocks banned, nearly everyone including NRA members want to do a better job of keeping guns out of the hands of people with mental problems.

That’s where we are at, we are nowhere near confiscate all guns.

Viper1j

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2018
https://www.foxnews.com/us/woman-dead-after-driver-plows-into-family-in-suburban-ny

A father asked a man to stop smoking around his children, probably because he is aware that tobacco is responsible for well over a magnitude more deaths than firearms and he didn't want his children harmed. The smoker retaliated by driving his car into the family of eight, killing mom and injuring the others. Not sure how stupid humanity can be, but this seems like a fine example of pushing those limits. From an argument over smoking to a family that will never be the same, a woman's life lost, six kids now grow up with out their mom, and this guy at 35 years old will probably spend a vast majority of the rest of his days behind bars. Dumb, dumb, dumb.

1550755139197.png

In fact it may be more hazardous than actually smoking! :D

Clearly an off shoot of the who pro-life "get in your face" thing. Not everyone takes kindly to people telling them how to live their lives. Not condoning, but I understand.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Oh god not another of these threads, come up with a new bogey man slow.

Nobody is falling for this but the most in depth gun guys.
Facts are nearly everyone including NRA members want some kind of standardized background check, nearly everyone including NRA members want some kind of tracking system that works for gun sales, nearly everyone including NRA members want ap rounds and bumpstocks banned, nearly everyone including NRA members want to do a better job of keeping guns out of the hands of people with mental problems.

That’s where we are at, we are nowhere near confiscate all guns.

I too want universal background checks. But, pretty much ever other measure the anti-2A'ers are for is feel good nonsense and I'm against it.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
what was the title before the mod changed it?!?!

Edit: Wait - it was SS and involved smoking so I'm guessing it was something to do about 2nd hand smoke?!

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009

Edit: Wait - it was SS and involved smoking so I'm guessing it was something to do about 2nd hand smoke?!
Something about cars needing to be banned because they are weapons of death.

Paratus

Lifer
Jun 4, 2004

It was something about liberals ignoring smoking and assault cars as the biggest killers.

Viper1j

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2018
Jason Mendez may have found the cure for GKS. (Gladys Kravitz Syndrome). Learn to mind your own fvcking business. If not for yourself, then for the sake of your family.

dainthomas

Lifer
Dec 7, 2004
Jason Mendez may have found the cure for GKS. (Gladys Kravitz Syndrome). Learn to mind your own fvcking business. If not for yourself, then for the sake of your family.

I was just going to say it's obviously the dad's fault the guy is an unbalanced, psychotic maniac who was just as likely to try to murder them because he looked at him funny. Or didn't like the way he looked. Or because his dog told him to.

realibrad

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
So reading the story, it looks like the guy has had violence in his past, and recently lost his job. Sounds like this guy had a break and possibly suffers from mental health issues. Sad that this was the outcome of his life.

Feb 4, 2009
So reading the story, it looks like the guy has had violence in his past, and recently lost his job. Sounds like this guy had a break and possibly suffers from mental health issues. Sad that this was the outcome of his life.

Agreed and obviously giving him a gun or two or three would have solved everything

realibrad

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Agreed and obviously giving him a gun or two or three would have solved everything

If someone with a mental health issue uses a car to kill, then I imagine they could have used a gun too. Its why I never understood the argument against gun control in terms of mental health.

TheVrolok

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
Other stuff kills people so we can't do anything about guns!!!!!

Holy fuck these people are all about the feels.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
If someone with a mental health issue uses a car to kill, then I imagine they could have used a gun too. Its why I never understood the argument against gun control in terms of mental health.

Really, you never understood the difference?

realibrad

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Really, you never understood the difference?

In terms of logic no. If you are willing to take things away from people because they are a danger to themselves and others, then why guns would not be part of that I don't understand if someone is being logically consistent.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
So here it is again, the poster who is ideologically opposed to doing anything about smoking deaths, mental health problems, auto safety, and gun violence is yet again condemning the people who have been trying for decades to improve those issues for not having done enough.

Think about it. If conservatives had had their way, cars still wouldn't have seatbelts and would still use leaded gas. If conservatives had had their way, people would still be smoking in offices, stores, and restaurants. This is your fault, libtards!

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Other stuff kills people so we can't do anything about guns!!!!!

Holy fuck these people are all about the feels.

All the feels are in your post that isn't the position any one argues. Keep fighting that caricature of reality you created in the first place.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004

Another causality of not having a proper social and economic safety net.
Today, if someone looses their job it is an existential crisis. It doesn't have to be that way.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
In terms of logic no. If you are willing to take things away from people because they are a danger to themselves and others, then why guns would not be part of that I don't understand if someone is being logically consistent.

Ok, my bad man, misread your post

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008

Your monomania about pretending to care about smoking is odd. Still, I'm a bit monomaniacal myself about the lack of attention paid to the lethality of cars. I'm all in favour of more restrictions on them. But then, we've already dealt with guns here, so it makes sense to focus on cars. Over there you could be forgiven for having other priorities, like, er, guns, maybe?

(I've yet to hear of a terrorist trying to cause carnage by ploughing into crowds of pedestrians on a bicycle...still less just jogging into them).