New year resolution?

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Still using 3 HD monitors but been thinking of going to a single 4k. Though I have other things I may spend money on so might hold off for now.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Funny enough when we went from 2016 to 2017 I kept wanting to put 2018, I guess i was ahead of myself. So I should be ready this year, now I can actually put 2018!

DeadlyTitan

Oct 20, 2017
Its been 4 years since i last played any game, last time played would be in the year 2013 and the game would be Dead Space 3. Been busy with university and generally settling down in life.. Finally building myself an overblown new gaming pc (ram and mother board pending). I am finally settled and have free time to start gaming again. :) and lots and lots of games to play... since i have not played any games from 2013 to 2018(well almost 18 i mean its 31st) i have a lot to cover.

well 2018 is coming and i can already see some changes happening and i am planning to start the year off with a blast with my shiny (literally shiny, like i mean this thing is glows in the freaking dark kinda shiny) new gaming rig and a heavily modded skyrim legendary edition. That'll be the first game i am planning to play on my new rig in new year WHOOHOO
laugh.png
i always wanted to play that game at max graphic fidelity and heavily modded, i have drooled countless times when looking at those youtube skyrim mod videos(i still watch them, they are entertaining) finally after waiting for so many years i am going to get my dream fulfilled, i brought a GTX 1080 Ti and i7 8700 and 500 GB samsung SSD just so i can play skyrim legendary edition. I even decided on naming the rig as THE SKYRIM MACHINE...

i have decided to take 6 months vacation in 2018 starting from January (basically half the year WooHoo :D) that i can just kick off and relax and just game. Been working my ass off all these years even at the cost of my own health and it finally paid off and i think i deserve that vacation.

Reactions: snoopy7548

Mai72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2012
2 hot ladies wrapped around my huge ripped arms, a grey lambo, and a mansion overlooking Bangkok, Thailand.

:)

Elixer

Lifer
May 7, 2002
Do we have a new year resolution thread?
Mine is 3840 × 2160. Hopefully soon.
You know, a few years back, I asked my boss for the same resolution, and nobody got the joke. They just looked at me all glassy eyed until I explained it, then they still looked at me all glassy eyed. :(

They were all expecting some drivel resolution and I never understood why people did this.
If you want to do something, you do it.
If you don't, you don't, and kicking the can down the road to next year is just setting yourself up for more kicking of the can.

Mai72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2012
You know, a few years back, I asked my boss for the same resolution, and nobody got the joke. They just looked at me all glassy eyed until I explained it, then they still looked at me all glassy eyed. :(

They were all expecting some drivel resolution and I never understood why people did this.
If you want to do something, you do it.
If you don't, you don't, and kicking the can down the road to next year is just setting yourself up for more kicking of the can.

It's a calendar thing.

New year, new start. Blah blah blah. Resolutions never work. Think the gym. How many go during the first weeks in Jan? By the end of Jan the gyms are all empty.

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
Not a resolution per se, but I want to get into the parks more during cool weather. I've had a good time my last couple trips, and want to keep it up while the weather's good.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Resolutions dont work.
If you actually wanted it, you wouldnt wait until January 1st to do it.

I never make New Year's Resolutions, I rarely make it a week...but occasionally I DO start a new diet, quit smoking, change some behavior, ??? starting on Jan. 1...just because, for me, it's a convenient starting time. I have to start a new "diet" for my health...My doctor advised it in November, the dietician he sent me to in early December recommended it...so, I'm "enjoying life while I can" through midnite tonight...then tomorrow, I HAVE to start eating better.

Engineer

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Same as every year....to retire.

I always fail. I've discovered that I made a mistake early in life....I started working.

Reactions: Ken g6

TheVrolok

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
Still using 3 HD monitors but been thinking of going to a single 4k. Though I have other things I may spend money on so might hold off for now.
I've had 3x24" 1200p for years now. For some reason I find it so hard to upgrade. I'm not sure I could go down to less than three monitors meaning I'd have to buy 3 new ones and I don't think I have the desk space for 3 bigger monitors. Maybe I'll wait a few years and do a new build from scratch and do it at that time.