new year at home sucks

JohnGalt

Jun 17, 2000
I'm home alone, no car either. Does anyone have a suggestion on what I can to experience the new year vicariously?

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com
Vicariously, huh? Turn the TV on.

Well, you aren't going to here (on the forums).

New Years is just another day for me (day off - that's good). I think it's overrated and if your expectations are too high you're bound to be disappointed anyway.

I don't really tie my "good times" to any certain day anymore; it seems too artificial.

JohnGalt

Jun 17, 2000
yes i had high expectations. I always did. Next year I'll lower them and I'll feel better.

Elita1

Golden Member
Nov 17, 2000
Sorry to hear you're alone.
/me sends you a new year's hug:)

Just be glad you're not horribly sick like my family and I were last year. We rang in the new millenium with high fevers, fainting and barfing(and none of it alcohol related!)

This New Years certainly hasn't been glamorous. I actually got and offer to have my kid watched so I could go to Toronto to see the outdoor concert they had. And believe it or not I actually chose to stay home, put my baby to bed with a kiss and ring in the new year playing monopoly with my hubby and a few close friends. I think I enjoyed staying home much more than I would've enjoyed going out.

chin up and Happy New Year!:)

IcecreamLtDan

Aug 15, 2000
Try this out! * KFC-Katy --- KFC One New Year 2001 Special Broadcast --- 4NINE HOURS of Non-stop Trance! 6Featuring 10Paul Oakenfold, Paul Van Dyk, Ferry Corsten, DJ Tiesto, Rank 1, Marco V6 and 10Sasha... 3live sets from Trance Energy, Gatecrasher and more.... 12press CTRL+L in WinAmp and type: 166.90.148.107:18022 (24kbps 22kHz) --- join #kfcnetworks on DALnet on IRC.

JohnGalt

Jun 17, 2000
well it's not just at home, there is no one at home. Ok enough... I am going to finish this app and call my mom.

Lalakai

Golden Member
Nov 30, 1999
how about some special music that reminds you of friends or certain times. always liked putting on the headphones, darkening the room and just driftin' with the music.