New Yahoo! Mail

Discussion in 'Software for Windows' started by joejoe666, Apr 7, 2011.

1. joejoe666

joejoe666 Member

i received an email from Yahoo! about their new email. I doesn't work with Opera!!!! its so annoying. :mad: i have to use IE just for yahoo mail!

is it Opera or Yahoo!?

2. Loading...

Similar Threads - Yahoo Mail Forum Date
    Yahoo Mail is not working on one of my computers. Software for Windows Sep 13, 2014
    Tabs return to Yahoo mail Software for Windows Dec 20, 2013
    Beware of Yahoo Mail - all my emails gone! Software for Windows Dec 16, 2013
    Cannot upload attachments in yahoo mail, windows xp Software for Windows Apr 30, 2013
    Yahoo mail finally enables SSL Software for Windows Dec 12, 2012

3. speedy2

speedy2 Golden Member

Fail. I'm tired of sites changing stuff. This yahoo mail is slow. If I scroll through mail to quickly it ends up having to "load" the rest of the mail. Which usually takes forever. Or, if I click on most mail it will just sit there and do nothing, still showing the previous email I was looking at. I never had these issues before.

4. Ancalagon44

Ancalagon44 Platinum Member

I stopped using Yahoo Mail last year because it was too slow. GMail is so much faster, its in a different league.

5. mjrpes3

mjrpes3 Golden Member

I don't think the slowness is too bad; it's still usable and better than original beta version from many years back. I wish there was support for subfolders.

However yahoo's android app SUCKS on galaxy s. Takes a minute just to refresh the inbox... almost completely unusable. This is what is veering me over the edge to switch to gmail.

6. JechtShot

JechtShot Senior member

I stopped using Yahoo Mail just today lol. So sick and tired of the slow responses and or/freezing, inbox not loading. Gmail is so much better. Sorry yahoo, i have had you for like a decade now, time to move on.

P.S. It seems like everytime they revamped it, it went slower and slower. My computer and connection is very fast so I know its not my end.

7. Chiefcrowe

Chiefcrowe Diamond Member

Definitely is not as fast as I'd like but it's ok. For me in firefox 4 with the new version of yahoo mail after it came out of beta, it works pretty well almost all of the time.

8. lxskllr

lxskllr Lifer

I use Yahoo solely as my spam account. Gmail is for anything more important.

9. atreader

atreader Member

Yahoo portal and mail has become unusable because of too much (dynamic) stuff happening in their links. You click on anything and it just goes to a busy state of loading... Sometimes I feel like they don't do any real world tests of running Yahoo portal on browsers with addons like Adblock, proxies etc. Hotmail experience is similar. I reverted my Yahoo Mail to Yahoo Classic because of these issues. Seems like they are doing damage to themselves by not properly testing their product.

10. joejoe666

joejoe666 Member

it works with opera now!!!

11. pyonir

pyonir Lifer

Only took them 7 months? Not bad...that Yahoo really stays on top of things.

12. bruceb

bruceb Diamond Member

I was forced into the update ... not very good.

Pages take long to load due to all the crap ads. Can't Ad Block them or Compose Mail and the Contact list won't come up.

Sometimes in Spam the Delete button is Grayed out. So I hit a few emails with checks and hit Delete and it says "no messages selected for desired action" (or something) when in fact, they were selected.

In the Inbox, I will open an email, then go back to the list to Flag it and the message will show as Unread, when in fact, it was read. So now I have to manually make it Read.

Themes are so-so. Stuck on Blue as so far it is the best compromise. Others just do not
    look quite right.

In general it takes too long to get to things, like the Inbox loading. I use Firefox and on the
    latest release, but also on a slow 1.7mbs DSL line.