New Whose Line Is It Anyway preview... how is this not scripted?

Zeze

Lifer
Mar 4, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=K2BNMuKaums

If not scripted, at least given some heads-up. :confused:

I can buy Wayne being good enough to find rhymes on the spot, and composing the whole melody and chorus, but that good without a single flick of hesitation?

Come on. :colbert:

I know musicians can find a common key and play together with zero communication, but that's after one to two measures of 'finding each other'.

90210 and J-pop backdrop came on just too flawlessly and quickly.

Vic Vega

Diamond Member
Sep 24, 2010
I've seen few improvs. Most are excellent with a hint of 'wtf do i do' moments.

These guys are just too perfect & polished.

Did you ever watch the original shows? These guys were really good with each other, did this stuff for years, sure they're practiced - that's why they are fun to watch.

zerocool84

Lifer
Nov 11, 2004
You can easily tell how the two guys in the beginning are making it up as they go. I've gone to many improv shows and many of the people can keep it going like it's planned.

Born2bwire

Diamond Member
Oct 28, 2005
They've talked about this often. Other than the fact that they have a standard set of melodies, they've been doing this for God knows how many years, but they also shoot a lot of footage in one session. They then take the best parts and make a couple of episodes out of them.

Doppel

Lifer
Feb 5, 2011
I've tried watching this show a couple of times over the years and I guess the closest thing it feels like to me is that time I went on a hike and fell down a ravine. I woke up a few hours later, several bones broken, and a bear was raping me. It took the rest of the day to crawl back up onto the path, where I was finally saved, but not before the first hiker who saw me pissed on me. That was the low point of my personal life, but even it was better than watching this show.

velillen

Platinum Member
Jul 12, 2006
Man those guys look older by quite a bit. Colin looks like he gained a good amount of weight too.

I dont like the host either. Wont be the same without Drew.

As for the "improv" of it. As others have said this isnt their first takes. Probably their fifth or sixth. Theres actually some funny bloopers on the dvds from the failed versions of skits/songs.

NuclearNed

Raconteur
May 18, 2001
I saw Wayne Brady live in Vegas a few years ago, having been a huge fan of the original Whose Line show. He's really that quick on his feet.

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
Man... Ryan and Colin are old

Still funny, but it seems off for some reason

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
not as old as olds

no one's as old as olds. not even the dinosaurs.

agreed, it's not the same without drew. but the new host lady doesn't seem bad. it's like drew going to TPIR though - it's not the same without bob barker. but drew's not bad, either.

DrPizza

Administrator Elite Member Goat Whisperer
Mar 5, 2001
www.slatebrookfarm.com
I've tried watching this show a couple of times over the years and I guess the closest thing it feels like to me is that time I went on a hike and fell down a ravine. I woke up a few hours later, several bones broken, and a bear was raping me. It took the rest of the day to crawl back up onto the path, where I was finally saved, but not before the first hiker who saw me pissed on me. That was the low point of my personal life, but even it was better than watching this show.

If you don't find this funny, you have absolutely no sense of humor:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0-7EfR37Dg