New Watch

asianboi2k

Jul 10, 2003
I am thinking about getting a watch and can't decide between the two that I can think of so far the "Timex Ironman Data Link USB" or the fossil White Dial with he moon/sun dial.

The price for the TimeX is $60.86 and the price for the fossil is $85.00.

The thing I am more concerned with the battery life, because I don't really want to replace the thing every few months.

The battery life warranty on the TimeX is 2 years and can't find the life specs on the fossil website, any ideas.

Links to the watches:
Wal-Mart

Thanks for the help.
Fossil

Cooljt1

Golden Member
Jan 11, 2002
get the fossil. batteries usually last about 5 years. that timex watch just has nerd written all over it

theNEOone

Diamond Member
Apr 22, 2001
uh, they are two totally different watches dood. how can you compare?

i recently bought this watch after i saw it featured in playboy. it's a combo of the metal style in the fossil, but digital display. plus it's a gshock so you know it can take a beating. it's pretty slick - it's battery powered, but solar rechargable (no more changing batteries) and it calibrates it's time w/ the atomic clock in colorado. the station sends out a radio signal that stretches out for 2000 miles, and every night the watch automatically updates the time. (you can disable this feature if you like). search around and you can get it for less than $100.

=|

Booster

Diamond Member
May 4, 2002
Originally posted by: theNEOone

i recently bought this watch after i saw it featured in playboy. it's a combo of the metal style in the fossil, but digital display. plus it's a gshock so you know it can take a beating. it's pretty slick - it's battery powered, but solar rechargable (no more changing batteries) and it calibrates it's time w/ the atomic clock in colorado. the station sends out a radio signal that stretches out for 2000 miles, and every night the watch automatically updates the time. (you can disable this feature if you like). search around and you can get it for less than $100.

=|

This obviously is the best choice possible for the price, IMO, and looks great, too (however, not everyone prefers digital watches like me, for example).

asianboi2k

Jul 10, 2003
Originally posted by: theNEOone

=|

I am going with the theNEOone's suggestion, saw the g-shock website, they say it can run for 2 years without any light, that awsome. The lowest price I coulf find for it is $93.95 and $7.05 for shipping totaling up to $101, is there anything cheaper? I know the retail value is $150 from the casio website.

EngenZerO

Diamond Member
Dec 24, 2001
The one that I have is no longer made. Mine was a 2002 run Ti Chrono with custom gray fiberbox face plate. I dont have a digi-cam, so no pics :(.