New Walking Dead game coming out

Madia

May 2, 2006
Activision is coming out with a first-person action game based on AMC's the Walking Dead in which you play as Daryl:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/07/06/activision-reveals-walking-dead-first-person-shooter

I think of all the characters in the show they picked the best protagonist for a game. The only negative is that his brother Merle will still be around.

Telltale did well with their walking dead game so hopefully activision can do the same with theirs. I'm interested but not getting my hopes up. It can easily end up like one of the lackluster game of thrones games.

FalseChristian

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2002
Any game someone has made based on a TV show has tanked. These type of games belong in the dust bin of history.

Childs

Lifer
Jul 9, 2000
I think of all the characters in the show they picked the best protagonist for a game. The only negative is that his brother Merle will still be around.

This. While a good antagonist for the show, I'm glad they left his butt for dead. I wouldn't want him around for a whole game talking that racist sh1t.

DucatiMonster696

Diamond Member
Aug 13, 2009
This. While a good antagonist for the show, I'm glad they left his butt for dead. I wouldn't want him around for a whole game talking that racist sh1t.

Ummmm.......Merle is not dead.

He just cut off his own hand and took off when he thought they had abandon him after he got handcuffed at the top of the roof. Oh and this game takes place prior to Merle and Daryl meeting up with the group on the TV show.

Last edited:

Childs

Lifer
Jul 9, 2000
He's about to be back on the show ;)

SPOILER!!!!

Ummmm.......Merle is not dead.

He just cut off his own hand and took off when he thought they had abandon him after he got handcuffed at the top of the roof. Oh and this game takes place prior to Merle and Daryl meeting up with the group on the TV show.

I didn't say he was dead, just left for dead. I expected him to show up eventually.

FalseChristian

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2002
I remember watching 1 episode and there was but one zombie. Where are all the walking dead? I'ze just gotsta know, know what I'ze sayin'?

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
Any game someone has made based on a TV show has tanked. These type of games belong in the dust bin of history.

TellTale's flavor of The Walking Dead is actually one of the best games I've played, and is probably the greatest work they've ever put out. They've only released two episodes so far (out of five), but they're nothing short of brilliant.