New video on Michael Brown case

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011
While the original video of Brown taking the box of Cigars made it look like he robbed the store, new video shows that the box of cigars was actually part of a trade from the night before.
Summary. Brown traded a bag of weed for the cigarillo box and left it there over night. When he went back the next day to pick it up, the guys behind the counter would not give it to him so he grabbed it and walked out.
The assumption being made is that police only released the video of Brown taking the box the next morning to paint the picture that he was a danger to society and deserved to be "put down".

Pollock argues that Brown gave the clerks a bag of marijuana. The employees smelled and passed it around. Then they allegedly gave Brown two boxes of cigarillos.

Brown started to leave with a bag but turned around and handed it back to the clerks to hold for him, Pollock said in the documentary.

The next day, Brown went back to the store about 11:50 a.m. to get his items.

“Mike did not rob the store,” Pollock said.

“It was a misunderstanding,” Brown’s mother, Lesley McSpadden, said in the documentary.

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/news/nation-world/national/article138060743.html#storylink=cpy

also at
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/11/us/michael-brown-ferguson-police-shooting-video.html

mizzou

Diamond Member
Jan 2, 2008
Ok, so he didn't storm in and steal cigars and push Patel. He sold weed to the previous clerks then came in later and stole cigars and pushed Patel?

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Ok, so he didn't storm in and steal cigars and push Patel. He sold weed to the previous clerks then came in later and stole cigars and pushed Patel?

Even accepting your characterization you realize just how different that is than a robbery, right?

mizzou

Diamond Member
Jan 2, 2008
Even accepting your characterization you realize just how different that is than a robbery, right?

Strong arm robbery is not that serious. It's often petty stealing with a little bit more juice.

All this does is help people move the contextual battle around, it changes nothing with the facts other then beating this horrible situation further into the dirt.

Reactions: velillen

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
I'd say this changes the context dramatically and explains why the clerk didn't call the police.

desura

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2013
Doesn't change anything. Guy was a dirtbag. All the Leftists are about their dumb little children's crusade. They have no sympathy for the Indian immigrant store owner.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
I'd say this changes the context dramatically and explains why the clerk didn't call the police.

That it would. It would have been good if Brown submitted to arrest until things were cleared up. Holder pretty much put an end to the "hands up don't shoot" meme, and Holder could hardly be called an Uncle Tom shill.

I suppose that if anything good came out of the shooting it was discovery of how there were race problems in the department as a whole.

Reactions: ch33zw1z

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
That it would. It would have been good if Brown submitted to arrest until things were cleared up. Holder pretty much put an end to the "hands up don't shoot" meme, and Holder could hardly be called an Uncle Tom shill.

I suppose that if anything good came out of the shooting it was discovery of how there were race problems in the department as a whole.

Indeed.

madoka

Diamond Member
Jun 22, 2004
They have no sympathy for the Indian immigrant store owner.

Yup. He was a presumed victim at the time, yet his store was still looted and shut down. But liberals only care about criminals, so no tears were shed for him.

Reactions: FelixDeCat
Jul 9, 2009
So Michael Brown is dealing drugs to store employees who are also ripping off the store owner by trading the store stock to a drug dealer and this somehow matters ? Why? Was the store owner he strong armed in the later video aware of the drug deals going on in his store?

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000
While the original video of Brown taking the box of Cigars made it look like he robbed the store, new video shows that the box of cigars was actually part of a trade from the night before.
Summary. Brown traded a bag of weed for the cigarillo box and left it there over night. When he went back the next day to pick it up, the guys behind the counter would not give it to him so he grabbed it and walked out.
The assumption being made is that police only released the video of Brown taking the box the next morning to paint the picture that he was a danger to society and deserved to be "put down".

also at
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/11/us/michael-brown-ferguson-police-shooting-video.html

are you actually defending this dirtbag?

rudder

Lifer
Nov 9, 2000
So he still bullied the storeowner and attacked a police officer. Let's go burn down Ferguson again. Oh wait.... the divider in chief is no longer in the White House.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004

Who needs to paint a picture? He assaulted an officer and moved to do so again.
Maybe the auxiliary evidence was handled in such a way - it's beside the point.

#BLM wouldn't be disgraced if it actually moved for innocent people instead of hardened criminals.
That this case is their basis is deplorable, and the waste of an otherwise good cause against police violence.

madoka

Diamond Member
Jun 22, 2004
Who needs to paint a picture? He assaulted an officer and moved to do so again.
Maybe the auxiliary evidence was handled in such a way - it's beside the point.

They found Michael Brown's DNA on the officer's gun and in the police car - all consistent with Officer Wilson's testimony. Even the private expert Michael Brown's family hired confirmed the findings of the original ME:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...supported-the-officer/?utm_term=.082fd51ab5ed

The grand jury also heard testimony about a second, independent autopsy performed by an forensic expert hired by the Brown family, Michael Baden. Baden testified that his findings were the same as the ME’s (Vol. 23, at 108:1). With regard to the thumb wound suffered by Brown, he concluded that the thumb was just a “few inches” away from Wilson’s gun. He praised the work of a technician who had found in Wilson’s car skin tissue that appeared to be from Michael Brown’s thumb (72:20).

But facts are irrelevant to liberals. They judge everything on their feelings.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Alt-facts are relevant to con's.

This thread was to shed light on the altercation at the store, and how a media outlet(s) can quickly paint a situation in whatever way they choose, influencing public opinion.

When's it for your team, it's ok.

I haven't seen anyone defending his interactions with the police in this thread, and it's past that point.

I will agree with a previous post, thus situation did enlighten us to how police in that area treat citizens.

In terms of the situation at the store, not entirely sure why he would leave the box of cigars at the store overnight. And trading items for MJ isn't unusual.

Last edited:

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
He was still a better person than literally anyone who has voted for a republican in the last 30 years.

I wouldn't go that far, but it's likely the case that michael brown could figure out the point here better than these sorts:

Doesn't change anything. Guy was a dirtbag. All the Leftists are about their dumb little children's crusade. They have no sympathy for the Indian immigrant store owner.
Turning his life around he was.
"Gentle giant."
are you actually defending this dirtbag?
So he still bullied the storeowner and attacked a police officer. Let's go burn down Ferguson again. Oh wait.... the divider in chief is no longer in the White House.

Fortunately for them carrying water for the master race has its privileges.

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004

Unlike you that is trying desperately to pretend YOU give two shits about this Indian yet oddly enough zero care for this Indian:

https://forums.anandtech.com/thread...se-he-thought-the-owners-were-muslim.2501310/

Or this Indian:

https://forums.anandtech.com/thread...edly-told-to-go-back-to-your-country.2500821/

etc, etc, etc...

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016

Ichinisan

Lifer
Oct 9, 2002
Alt-facts are relevant to con's.

This thread was to shed light on the altercation at the store, and how a media outlet(s) can quickly paint a situation in whatever way they choose, influencing public opinion.

When's it for your team, it's ok.

I haven't seen anyone defending his interactions with the police in this thread, and it's past that point.

I will agree with a previous post, thus situation did enlighten us to how police in that area treat citizens.

In terms of the situation at the store, not entirely sure why he would leave the box of cigars at the store overnight. And trading items for MJ isn't unusual.
People watching CNN never saw the video. All they heard was "gentle giant" over and over and over. Interview after interview with the Brown family and their lawyer. It was sickening to see such one-sided reporting. It was done only so they could maintain their close access to the Brown family and whip viewers into a frenzy with sensationalism.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Let's not pretend that outlets like Fox News are any different. And outlets like Breitbart are just ridiculous.

There are plenty of people on both sides that won't view other outlets, or accept the viewpoints, and it's detrimental to all of us.

It's frustrating to watch many from both sides chugging the koolaid like it's super awesome.

rudder

Lifer
Nov 9, 2000
He was still a better person than literally anyone who has voted for a republican in the last 30 years.

That is the liberal brain for you. I have never harrassed an Indian.... and I have never attacked a police officer. So you are saying I should have voted for Hillary so i can be an asshole and get shot by police?

michael-brown-robbery-video.jpg