New video card whoas...please help

kantonburg

Platinum Member
Oct 10, 1999
Just got the new Radeon All in wonder 7500. Installed it and everything is fine except my display at 1152x864.

I had a CL TNT2 Ultra and am using a MAG DX700T (trinitron). Now that I have the all in wonder my display has that
"flicker" especially viewing a webpage.

You know that flicker you see on a monitor when your refresh rate is set at 60Hz in a room with incadescent (sp?)
lighting. Well I never got that with my TNT2 Ultra.

I've tried 60Hz - 100Hz and it all is the same. It works fine at 1024x768 but I want a smaller resolution. I mean I've been
running at 1152x864 for years now on this 17".

Any ideas?

thanks

tenoc

Golden Member
Jan 23, 2002
Until you learn the difference between "woe" and "whoa", no-one can help you.

btw, did you go to the trouble of removing the old drivers before installing the new?

novice

Golden Member
Mar 9, 2000
Sarcasm aside, Tenoc's question of whether or not you removed the old Nvidia drivers is a good one. I have read numerous posts of Nvidia to ATI converts that had to go so far as to reformat to get their ATI cards working properly. I guess that is the main reason I just ordered an "old" Geforce 3 instead of a Radeon 8500LE. It seems simpler to stick with Nvidia. Have you downloaded and installed the latest ATI drivers for your card? Have you posted to Rage 3D to see if any of the ATI gurus can suggest anything? Good Luck, wish I could be more help.
Chuck