New Vegas Security Rules

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy...s-def-con-as-room-searches-spark-controversy/

In the wake of the mass shooting in Las Vegas in October of 2017, hotels in the city started drafting more aggressive policies regarding security.

Caesars began rolling out a new security policy in February that mandated room searches when staff had not had access to rooms for over 24 hours. Caesars has been mostly tolerant of the idiosyncratic behavior of the DEF CON community, but it's not clear that the company prepared security staff for dealing with the sorts of things they would find in the rooms of DEF CON attendees. Soldering irons and other gear were seized, and some attendees reported being intimidated by security staff.

That seems like a bad idea for a place that prides itself in debauchery, don't have your room cleaned that day and you could have security burst in the next. Are hotels the next airports?

Reactions: Exterous

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Free hookers and blow might take the edge off for someone that is considering killing a bunch of strangers.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
Free hookers and blow might take the edge off for someone that is considering killing a bunch of strangers.

I dont think you understand how blow works. ;)
Hookers would be a nice stress relief. Blow is going to elevate the situation.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
I dont think you understand how blow works. ;)
Hookers would be a nice stress relief. Blow is going to elevate the situation.
That's why I suggested the two in tandem. Just throwing blow at people might not be a good idea. When combined with hookers though, then you have something really special.

Reactions: Homerboy

Exterous

Super Moderator
Jun 20, 2006
My wife and i were just talking about this having left our Do Not Disturb sign on for 2 days (We had a different hotel booked in another country)I was a little encouraged that I hadn't read of any major changes. This is unfortunate news that I doubt will really actually accomplish much of anything other negativity affect hotel guests

BurnItDwn

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
What happened to Mr House's securitrons? How come they are not securing New Vegas any more? Did some vault dweller screw it all up or something?

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
TSA should get in on the gig. Imagine how many more people they could assault!