*NEW UPDATED 2* Post Your Cinebench R11.5 Score

Page 16 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Burpo

Diamond Member
Sep 10, 2013
J5mMsKw.jpg

7980XE @ 4800Mhz
Asus ROG Rampage VI Apex
32Gb G.SKILL - 3200Mhz 12-12-12-28 1t

bVbDGpO.jpg

Wow! Wicked System! :)

Last edited:

crashtech

Lifer
Jan 4, 2013
My knowledge of advanced water cooling is limited, but it appears that the Hailea HC-500A is a phase change chiller originally designed to cool large aquariums! A very innovative use of available technology.

In the past, I have attempted to note when systems other than regular air or water have been used; this is a bit of an edge case where I'm not sure if an "asterisk" is called for.

At any rate, it's quite an accomplishment!

Reactions: Burpo and Totalnet

Totalnet

Jun 21, 2017
@Burpo :D thanks man..

I have another score, same setup different CPU
System is :
7740X @ 5456 Mhz
Asus ROG Rampage VI Apex
16Gb G.SKILL - 4040Mhz 16-16-16-32 2t
Cooled by :
CPU Block EKWB-Supremacy EVO
Alphacool D5 Pump/reservoir
Hailea HC-500A (1/2HP=790Watt cooling capacity) Waterchiller

SBiRcIH.jpg

Reactions: Zucker2k and Burpo

eek2121

Platinum Member
Aug 2, 2005
Ladies and gentlemen, we have a new champion, a single CPU score that is not only fastest in its class, but also faster than any multiprocessor score posted here to date! Congratulations, @Totalnet , care to share any extra information about your build? I'd be interested in how how keep it all cool.

It's called a Pentium 4 and Photoshop. :D

eek2121

Platinum Member
Aug 2, 2005
J5mMsKw.jpg

7980XE @ 4800Mhz
Asus ROG Rampage VI Apex

I was joking about the earlier photoshop/pentium 4 joke, but why does Cinebench report 16C/32T? I've seen it scale as high as 48 cores on an intel chip, so it's not cinebench, did you seriously doctor up a benchmark just to try and get to the top of the list? I know a guy with 2 less cores than you, but the same clockspeed as you, and he gets around half that score. It's doctored or you glitched it.

Dufus

Sep 20, 2010
I was joking about the earlier photoshop/pentium 4 joke, but why does Cinebench report 16C/32T?
Don't think you'll find any 11.5 reporting more than 16 cores per CPU and AFAIK in the case of multi socket not more than 32. If you can post a link showing otherwise, please do.

I've seen it scale as high as 48 cores on an intel chip, so it's not cinebench, did you seriously doctor up a benchmark just to try and get to the top of the list? I know a guy with 2 less cores than you, but the same clockspeed as you, and he gets around half that score. It's doctored or you glitched it.

That's a terrible thing to say. Take my 3.15GHz 14 core Haswell at 23.14pts and do some math to convert to 18 cores at 4.8GHz

23.14 * (18 / 14) * (4.8 / 3.15) = 45.3pts

Scaling probably not perfect from 14 to 18 but that CPU is several generations older and limited to 2133MT/s DRAM. Seems either that 'guy' is just not doing it right (TR seems to give people a lot of trouble with CBR11.5) or just about everybody else is doctoring their scores.

Zucker2k

Golden Member
Feb 15, 2006
Don't think you'll find any 11.5 reporting more than 16 cores per CPU and AFAIK in the case of multi socket not more than 32. If you can post a link showing otherwise, please do.

That's a terrible thing to say. Take my 3.15GHz 14 core Haswell at 23.14pts and do some math to convert to 18 cores at 4.8GHz

23.14 * (18 / 14) * (4.8 / 3.15) = 45.3pts

Scaling probably not perfect from 14 to 18 but that CPU is several generations older and limited to 2133MT/s DRAM. Seems either that 'guy' is just not doing it right (TR seems to give people a lot of trouble with CBR11.5) or just about everybody else is doctoring their scores.
I was frankly shocked to read that; calling someone out like that without knowing all the facts. Not good.

Totalnet

Jun 21, 2017
I was joking about the earlier photoshop/pentium 4 joke, but why does Cinebench report 16C/32T? I've seen it scale as high as 48 cores on an intel chip, so it's not cinebench, did you seriously doctor up a benchmark just to try and get to the top of the list? I know a guy with 2 less cores than you, but the same clockspeed as you, and he gets around half that score. It's doctored or you glitched it.

To be called a scammer by some badly informed sore loser is difficult to digest, it takes a lot of effort (and skill) to get this kind of results.
Even worse is that you are not even able to say that you were wrong.

Just my 2 cent..

Reactions: Burpo and Zucker2k

eek2121

Platinum Member
Aug 2, 2005
To be called a scammer by some badly informed sore loser is difficult to digest, it takes a lot of effort (and skill) to get this kind of results.
Even worse is that you are not even able to say that you were wrong.

Just my 2 cent..
Because I work a full time job. Your 2 windows did not match up with each other, hence why I called you out. An above poster provided a reasonable explanation, so I'm a bit less skeptical. However, being an Intel user all my life, I still find that score a bit hard to believe and that's NOT because I have an AMD chip in my system currently. As an example, HWBot provides even more reasons to be skeptical of your result, mainly that anyone wishing to get over 5 GHz must resort to LN2, so your claim of hitting nearly 5.5 GHz on water (and therefore beating all the results listed above on HWbot) is also suspicious to me. Call me what you want, the facts here are clear. If you wish to argue, feel free to provide more evidence (or not). Just understand that you are claiming to be one of the top 10 overclockers on HWbot...and possibly the world for your CPU...on water. That is something that requires extraordinary proof, regardless of your opinion of me.

Totalnet

Jun 21, 2017
Because I work a full time job. Your 2 windows did not match up with each other, hence why I called you out. An above poster provided a reasonable explanation, so I'm a bit less skeptical. However, being an Intel user all my life, I still find that score a bit hard to believe and that's NOT because I have an AMD chip in my system currently. As an example, HWBot provides even more reasons to be skeptical of your result, mainly that anyone wishing to get over 5 GHz must resort to LN2, so your claim of hitting nearly 5.5 GHz on water (and therefore beating all the results listed above on HWbot) is also suspicious to me. Call me what you want, the facts here are clear. If you wish to argue, feel free to provide more evidence (or not). Just understand that you are claiming to be one of the top 10 overclockers on HWbot...and possibly the world for your CPU...on water. That is something that requires extraordinary proof, regardless of your opinion of me.

Firstly - I do not claim anything, I did not talk about rankings, I only gave you a link with 18 cores scores to show you that they were also reported as 16 core.
secondly - the 2nd screenshot I posted is a 7740X CPU (4c/8t), very small die in a large CPU, so easier to cool, hence the higher (5,5 Ghz) clock speeds, i posted that to compete in de 4c/8t catagory (also in this thread)
Please read and get your facts straight before you come to these accusations and if you have doubts about my scores or rankings please compare on hwbot first..

Regards, Dolf

Abwx

Lifer
Apr 2, 2011
J5mMsKw.jpg

7980XE @ 4800Mhz
Asus ROG Rampage VI Apex

4.8GHz at 1056mV...?

FTR on air at 950mV Hardware.fr get 3.8GHz and at those settings they have low die temp, yet at this temp they wouldnt get higher than 4.65GHz@1056mV even if the frequency/voltage curve of the CPU was an ideal one, wich would imply frequency increasing as the square of the voltage..

Besides their 7980X didnt clock higher than 4.2 and here we re talking of 4.8 at surprisingly low voltage, as for 5.5 for this CPU i dont think that it s possible without LN2, the reason is that in a CPU and in Cinebench most of the heat arise from the FPU wich is small part of the die, hence the temperature gradient within the die is too high.
It s different in a GPU where the exe units take most of the die area and allow for homogeneous heating within the whole area.

Last, but not least, 1056mV/4.8GHz would drain barely 300W in CB, far from the stated 600-700W wich would imply 1.5V at this frequency...

http://www.hardware.fr/articles/969-4/overclocking.html

Last edited:

Totalnet

Jun 21, 2017
4.8GHz at 1056mV...?

FTR on air at 950mV Hardware.fr get 3.8GHz and at those settings they have low die temp, yet at this temp they wouldnt get higher than 4.65GHz@1056mV even if the frequency/voltage curve of the CPU was an ideal one, wich would imply frequency increasing as the square of the voltage..

Besides their 7980X didnt clock higher than 4.2 and here we re talking of 4.8 at surprisingly low voltage, as for 5.5 for this CPU i dont think that it s possible without LN2, the reason is that in a CPU and in Cinebench most of the heat arise from the FPU wich is small part of the die, hence the temperature gradient within the die is too high.
It s different in a GPU where the exe units take most of the die area and allow for homogeneous heating within the whole area.

Last, but not least, 1056mV/4.8GHz would drain barely 300W in CB, far from the stated 600-700W wich would imply 1.5V at this frequency...

The complete screenshot (unedited) i just posted shows the min en max temps of that run, it was a very bad batch of LN2... ;)

Iyf3GSr.png

Reactions: Zucker2k

Dufus

Sep 20, 2010
4.8GHz at 1056mV...?

FTR on air at 950mV Hardware.fr get 3.8GHz
CPU-Z in your link is not measuring core voltage, it is measuring core VID, two different things. Since core voltage is read through a relatively slow ADC it represents an integration of the voltage (average) unlike the VID which is an instantaneous reading that needs the core active to be able to take it. On top of that the CPU supports per core p-states which means each core can be at a different voltage at the same moment in time but we have only one single measurement. IOW don't put too much faith into core voltage.

As for water cooling, some results from HWBOT with water and 7980XE

traktor 4.8GHz @ 0.976V 48pts AIO? no pic

jpmboy 4.6GHz @ 0.904V 46pts Chilled water, pic included

h2o_vs_ln2 5.0GHz @ 1.37V (VID) 55pts water, pic included

h2o_vs_ln2 happens to be quite an apt user name :)

Last edited:

Zucker2k

Golden Member
Feb 15, 2006
yWuMVg5.png

I just improved my score, thanks guys.. for pushing me...lol
I'm not surprised at the disbelief coming from the AMD camp. For months they went on and on about how Threadripper was going to trump this 18-Core chip because SKL-X runs hot, is a power hog, VRM won't hold etc, etc. The truth is these chips are an engineering feat (the main reason I want one). Common overclocks on water are around 4.4 - 4.6GHz. Others have even pushed it to 4.8Ghz on water https://www.tweaktown.com/news/58970/core-i9-7980xe-overclocked-4-8ghz-18c-36t/index.html and 4.9Ghz here:http://www.legitreviews.com/intel-core-i9-7980xe-18-core-processor-review_197903/10 Your chilled water overclock is well in the ballpark.

Inflammatory statements and trolling are not allowed. here
Markfw
Anandtech Moderator

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Burpo and Totalnet

IEC

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Jun 10, 2004
I thought eek2121 was a lifetime Intel user?

No need for anyone to make it about Intel vs AMD. It's a different market segment that is interested in a 7980XE. Intel was holding back on the HCC dies until their hand was forced recently. Now $2K gets you a chip that will OC to 4700MHz+, provided you are prepared to cool 500W+. Which most of the extreme users on HWBot are prepared to do.

Personally I'd rather build an entire new TR 1950X system when I can get CPU + Mobo for $1050 or so, but not everyone's needs or wants are the same as mine.

Reactions: ZGR and Totalnet