New Total War Game Announced Today (9/25)

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Bateluer

Lifer
Jun 23, 2001
You can play it for free this weekend on Steam. No sale price, though. At least you can check it out to see if it's something you would like when it does go on sale.

Is a single weekend enough time to get a 'feel' for a Total War game? My Medieval 2 long campaigns used to last for weeks.

norseamd

Lifer
Dec 13, 2013
So basically what Rome 2 should have been? I liked Rome 2 once it was patched enough to be playable, but this game better have some enormous polish and additions to justify it basically being Rome 3/2.5 in disguise.

Rome 3 would be what Rome 2 was to Rome.

This is probably more like what Napoleon was to Empire or what Alexander was to Rome.

norseamd

Lifer
Dec 13, 2013
if i remember correctly, those graphicss are a huge improve over the past total war games....

For Attila or Rome 2?

Those screenshots look nice but the graphics of Rome 2 were not any more nicer than past Total War games like Empire or Napoleon. In fact I would say they are even worse or very shoddily done. The avatars are especially atrocious regardless of whether or not they are significant in the game. The main menu however is very well done and looks amazing. However once again that is telling of the true concerns of Creative Assembly and Sega. They even are wasting a whole submenu on the links to buy the DLC.

poohbear

Platinum Member
Mar 11, 2003
game was fine after a few patches. Some people on certain hardware and older OSs had isssues. Internet blew it way out of proportion.

I have to agree. I didnt buy it until 1 week before the emperor editions patch last month, so i cant comment about the release debacle last year. ive had no bugs or problems & game runs great in its present form. overall its a fantastic strategy game so far & im thoroughly enjoying it. Again, its been one year since the actual release date, so i understand if original purchasers were pissed through all the patches & DLCs.