New to STEAM.

cheesehead

Lifer
Aug 11, 2000
My main PC is out of commission, and I'd like to buy some of the stuff from the current sale on Steam software. Can I buy the games now at the discounted price and download them at a later date?

Also, assuming I manage to corrupt my hard drive again, will Steam let me re-download the games?

Arglebargle

Dec 2, 2006
Get em now, while they're cheap! I still have a couple of games that I have not downloaded: Steam has a little divider with the non-downloaded games listed there after the ones I have active. Had no problem DLing Steam and my games when I switched computers.

Garou24

Oct 21, 2008
Originally posted by: Cheesehead
My main PC is out of commission, and I'd like to buy some of the stuff from the current sale on Steam software. Can I buy the games now at the discounted price and download them at a later date?

Also, assuming I manage to corrupt my hard drive again, will Steam let me re-download the games?

Yes and Yes.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
all you have to do is go to the main page from any computer and enter your log on id when you select buy. when you d/l the steam client back on your computer later they will show up as eligible to d/l titles.

FerraraZ

Feb 10, 2008
Yes you can download install and uninstall the games you buy on steam anywhere on any computer.

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
Yes, Steam rocks like that, you can download whatever you pay for whenever you need to (format, new PC etc) I wish iTunes would do the same thing :)

zerocool84

Lifer
Nov 11, 2004
Originally posted by: Cheesehead
I missed them. :(

Are these sales common?

They usually have sales on one or two games or a series of games for a weekend but one this big hasn't come for a long time.