New to non lipton tea, looking for recommendations

alfa147x

Lifer
Jul 14, 2005
www.Twitter.com
I always have loved tea and today i found this Tea Forte Oasis thing sitting in a cabinet and really liked it.

i was thinking of getting this stuff loose and not bagged; iv seen those tea strainers around is their a downside to this method ?

Any recommendation is great

Thanks
Alfa
:cookie:

Canai

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2006
Originally posted by: alfa147x
Oh sorry missed your first post (mushroom) any specific flavors ?
I like green tea in general, but Stash makes a decent Chai, I think they call it Bombay Chai or something.

I usually just get the basic green tea.

edit: let me go check the cupboards

edit2: ok, I was wrong about the Chai, that's from Revolution. I currently have Revolution's Tropical Green Tea and Bombay Chai, and Stash's premium green tea. Revolution's teas are great, better than Stash I think. http://www.revolutiontea.com/

alfa147x

Lifer
Jul 14, 2005
www.Twitter.com
Originally posted by: Canai
Oh sorry missed your first post (mushroom) any specific flavors ?
I like green tea in general, but Stash makes a decent Chai, I think they call it Bombay Chai or something.

I usually just get the basic green tea.

edit: let me go check the cupboards
I used to drink black, but this green stuff kicks ass

punchkin

Banned
Dec 13, 2007
I always have loved tea and today i found this Tea Forte Oasis thing sitting in a cabinet and really liked it.

i was thinking of getting this stuff loose and not bagged; iv seen those tea strainers around is their a downside to this method ?

Any recommendation is great

Thanks
Alfa
:cookie:
YGPM

Foxery

Golden Member
Jan 24, 2008
Hot tea or ice tea? I'm a big fan of Arizona Ice Tea lately, and they have several varieties that come in 1-gallon jugs.

EarthwormJim

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 2003
This is where I get most of my tea.

http://www.teagschwendner.com/US/en/HomePage.TG

It's mostly all loose leaf (they have weird tea bags). Their cheapest cheap tea is still high quality, certainly higher than Lipton. It's really amazing how much better good quality tea is.

Good quality tea also doesn't leave behind anywhere near as many stains as cheap tea in your glass (and your teeth).

If you're a little overwhelmed by the variety of teas they have, their Earl Grey blends are really good to start out with.

ASK THE COMMUNITY