New to Forum... Hello

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

diesbudt

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2012
To welcome him... we must put him through the ringer.

+Can an airplane take off running down a treadmill (large enough to hose a plane)?
+Does 0.9999. . . = 1??
+Pro or anti gun/abortion/politics/republican/democrat?
+Is Huffington post a real place to get good news articles?
+Have you met Alky or Moonbeam?
+Are you willing to give free ipads?

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
To welcome him... we must put him through the ringer.

+Can an airplane take off running down a treadmill (large enough to hose a plane)?
+Does 0.9999. . . = 1??
+Bulk beef
+Cool with solution
+Inflate to sidewall
+Air conditioner vermin
+How sharp is too sharp when it comes to knees?
+AISTBATSMF
+Yes this really is my desk

Sasqui

Feb 19, 2013
+Does 0.9999. . . = 1??

Airplanes don't have legs.
Depends on how many 9's you're willing to type
Both
Huffington Post is not a "real place"
Only on facebook
You said ipads. I hate ipads... so if I get some free ipads I'd be willing to give them away, sure.

Last edited:

Saint Nick

Lifer
Jan 21, 2005
Hello welcome to internet forum anandtech
we welcome u to this internet
please have happy while your stay
thank

SunnyD

Belgian Waffler
Jan 2, 2001
www.neftastic.com
Pfft. Go browse P&N for a few minutes, then hit up L&R. After that OT will be a vacation. :whiste:

Seriously... don't. Just don't.

I don't visit TPU much, but I go there enough to know that most of TPU's forum denizens are sane enough to not deserve the 9 Circles of Hell that are wrapped up into those two subforums.

Just don't do it.

Cool, just don't take my parking spot :)

Exploring time!

A brief guide to the AT Forums:

A word to the wise, FS/FT is a shell of what it used to be, but still not as lame as TPU's BST forum. If you want to buy/sell shit, go to Hardforums.

Hot Deals used to be primo, but has since been replaced by dedicated deal sites like FW and SD. Most of what you find in Hot Deals is just regurgitated garbage from those sites.

VC&G = Punch your fanboy card at the door. Odds are you'll be called a fanboy at some time in your career if you post there. There is no moral high ground.

CPU is similar to VC&G, except that there's only a small contingent of loyal AMD zealots left (not that that's a bad thing). The cool thing is that amongst the rubble we actually do have a few cool guys that do some pretty interesting shit. The rest, well, you can get the same info posted there by reading BSN most days.

The rest of the HW&T subs are actually useful from time to time.

Consumer Elec. subs are actually pretty interesting. MD&G will have it's share of Apple zealotry vs. Android zealotry, but it's actually not nearly as bad as the cesspool that is VC&G.

The Software subs are useful in general. Some decent discussions, but a word of warning. In ATA and SFW, a good portion of the posts are basically BITCH posts about the various products rather than useful stuff. But those posts, by proxy, do spawn some useful info if you care to weed through the garbage.

Programming is a small but useful place if you're into that sort of thing.

We have a small but strong DC community. They're a bunch of whackjobs, but they're fun whackjobs. :)

PCG is probably the most "useful" of the software subs. Kaotic posts the daily steam deals there as well as keeps up with the massive steam sales, and we almost always post whatever major PC Game deal going on at the time there along with links and coupon codes/info as needed. We also have a lot of useful discussion about current games.

Console Gaming is a bit slow right now, but it usually picks up when there's a major release or something. It too has a lot of rabid fanboyism, but that's to be expected.

Re: Social - AVOID P&N and L&R at all costs unless you plan on going into it with the sole intent of pointing and laughing at the pure retardedness that is.

The Garage is kinda useful if you're into cars and shit.

ATOT - well, you're posting/reading here aren't you? So you've already discovered your first mistake. :p

Other than that... GL/HF!

Gillbot

Lifer
Jan 11, 2001

I don't visit TPU much, but I go there enough to know that most of TPU's forum denizens are sane enough to not deserve the 9 Circles of Hell that are wrapped up into those two subforums.

Just don't do it.

A word to the wise, FS/FT is a shell of what it used to be, but still not as lame as TPU's BST forum. If you want to buy/sell shit, go to Hardforums.

Hot Deals used to be primo, but has since been replaced by dedicated deal sites like FW and SD. Most of what you find in Hot Deals is just regurgitated garbage from those sites.

VC&G = Punch your fanboy card at the door. Odds are you'll be called a fanboy at some time in your career if you post there. There is no moral high ground.

CPU is similar to VC&G, except that there's only a small contingent of loyal AMD zealots left (not that that's a bad thing). The cool thing is that amongst the rubble we actually do have a few cool guys that do some pretty interesting shit. The rest, well, you can get the same info posted there by reading BSN most days.

Consumer Elec. subs are actually pretty interesting. MD&G will have it's share of Apple zealotry vs. Android zealotry, but it's actually not nearly as bad as the cesspool that is VC&G.

The Software subs are useful in general. Some decent discussions, but a word of warning. In ATA and SFW, a good portion of the posts are basically BITCH posts about the various products rather than useful stuff. But those posts, by proxy, do spawn some useful info if you care to weed through the garbage.

We have a small but strong DC community. They're a bunch of whackjobs, but they're fun whackjobs. :)

PCG is probably the most "useful" of the software subs. Kaotic posts the daily steam deals there as well as keeps up with the massive steam sales, and we almost always post whatever major PC Game deal going on at the time there along with links and coupon codes/info as needed. We also have a lot of useful discussion about current games.

Console Gaming is a bit slow right now, but it usually picks up when there's a major release or something. It too has a lot of rabid fanboyism, but that's to be expected.

Re: Social - AVOID P&N and L&R at all costs unless you plan on going into it with the sole intent of pointing and laughing at the pure retardedness that is.

ATOT - well, you're posting/reading here aren't you? So you've already discovered your first mistake. :p

pretty much spot on

even done without calling out certain members, cool!

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Airplanes don't have legs.

Holy shit...we have never considered this rebuttal!

Scanners-HeadExplode.gif

Sasqui

Feb 19, 2013

Just don't do it.

Haha, thanks and cheers! I did poke around on P&N and L&R... I agree 100%, but only until I post a new topic of course.

Too bad about FS/FT but yea, TPU BST has gone downhill since they removed new posts from the front page, which was getting annoying anyway.

So far, I'm still reading... and a few good laughs already.

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
I have some dear friends like that, but the answer would be no... The convictions I believe in are indisputable aka tort laws. That said, I'm always right and I never lie.

EDIT: Jesus Christ! Are there people really here with 50,000 posts!!!?!?!??!?!?

Yes, unfortunately... :p

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
Yikes! I don't think I've ever even received 60K spam emails to my Yahoo account that's been active for over 10 years. Though I'm getting close.

That's what 10 years on the same site will do I guess. Sometimes I wish they could reset my post count to zero. Having this many posts has kind of a stigma attached to it and that's not necessarily a good thing.

edro

Lifer
Apr 5, 2002
AT is great for advice. There are numerous professionals in various facets of life.
Ask a question and you will get a lot of good answers.
It's up to you to learn who gives good advice, and who simply googles answers trying to look smart.

Regardless, it is nice to get semi-instant opinions on various topics.
We are a hive mind!