New to ATI, questions on CCC (former nvidia user)

gizbug

Platinum Member
May 14, 2001
So I am a new ATI user with a 5850. My question is, are there any tweaks that users tend to always set with the ccc? If so, would appreciate any insight (like do you set AA or let app control it, etc). Sorry for the n00b question. I converted over from the nvidia side (where the only tweak I ever really did was to turn vsync off).

Jd007

Jan 1, 2010
I haven't touched CCC for a year, and everything's running perfectly. I don't think you need to tweak anything. Just remember to always update to new drivers, especially with the new 5000 series cards.

SlickR12345

Jan 9, 2010
www.clubvalenciacf.com
The program is pre-set, so it defaults in every program to application control.
Its if you want say have 4x AA in every game without going in the game options to set it, which is pretty stupid, since no matter what GPU you have you wanna set the right settings for your GPU.

Will Robinson

Golden Member
Dec 19, 2009
Welcome to the Red Team :)
You could go to Preferences in the CCC and check the "don't show splash screen" option as a starter.
Then in the "All settings" area for 3D options,set your AA to " Use application settings"
then set the AA level in your game options.
Set Anistropic filtering to "16X" using the slider.
All other setting to "Quality" and check the "Enable Adaptive antialiasing" box.
That oughta have you set up well for any 3D game you have.

Will

Modular

Diamond Member
Jul 1, 2005
I usually leave my type of AA as Narrow Tent.

Edge Detect AA is really neat, but starts to hurt performance on my 512mb 4850. Other than the performance hit, it looks fantastic, and I would expect that your card will be able to run it fine, so I'd suggest it.