New TF2 Achievements/Gameplay Elements

40sTheme

Golden Member
Sep 24, 2006
1,607
0
0
Here
I can't find the other thing I was looking at, but the other one specifically said there would be 35 new Medic achievements and you could pick the layout of your class at the beginning, such as giving your medic Overheal to allow your teammates double health at the expense of ubercharge penalties. At first, it's only supposed to be medic and then the new elements will be extended to all the other classes.
 

I4AT

Platinum Member
Oct 28, 2006
2,629
1
76
This is going to ruin the game. We don't need 600HP (900HP if they can still be buffed) heavies running around with medics permattached to their asses, it'll destroy the balance and make every other class obsolete. All Valve needs to do is add a cvar for crits and start pumping out more maps. This new class achievement + special item thing is the worst idea I've ever heard of.
 

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
30,735
442
126
Originally posted by: I4AT
This is going to ruin the game. We don't need 600HP (900HP if they can still be buffed) heavies running around with medics permattached to their asses, it'll destroy the balance and make every other class obsolete. All Valve needs to do is add a cvar for crits and start pumping out more maps. This new class achievement + special item thing is the worst idea I've ever heard of.
Kill the damn medic first and quit bitching
 

Canai

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2006
8,016
1
0
Why medic first? There are going to be too many medic/heavy combos (if anyone even goes heavy) and the medic is plenty powerful already.
 

AyashiKaibutsu

Diamond Member
Jan 24, 2004
9,306
3
81
Originally posted by: Canai
Why medic first? There are going to be too many medic/heavy combos (if anyone even goes heavy) and the medic is plenty powerful already.
Yea, they should have done snipers first they need love : (
 

potato28

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2005
8,964
0
0
They should have made more maps instead of these stupid "achievements", and ruin my game :(
 

I4AT

Platinum Member
Oct 28, 2006
2,629
1
76
Originally posted by: gorcorps

Kill the damn medic first and quit bitching
Medic is going to be the only class with these new achievements and upgrades, how many people do you think are gonna start playing the medic just to unlock them? I can guarantee you half the people on every server will be playing a medic. Kill one medic, another will be right there to pick up where he left off. How many newb medics do you see that just attach themselves to a heavy and completely ignore every other hurt teammate? Good luck killing the medic when there are multiple heavies with 600+ HP out there covering their asses. I'll be laughing when you're crying about how broken the game becomes after these updates.
 

arredondo

Senior member
Sep 17, 2004
808
21
81
If you read carefully, these are not UPGRADED weapons but ALTERNATIVE weapons. You can only use one main weapon, and a medic who uses one of the new ones is no worse or better than a Medic who doesn't... he's just different.
 

I4AT

Platinum Member
Oct 28, 2006
2,629
1
76
Where have you read this? Are you saying the double health item is going to replace the regular medigun? From what I've read it sounded like a one time use special item, not a replacement weapon.
 

43st

Diamond Member
Nov 7, 2001
3,197
0
0
Originally posted by: potato28
They should have made more maps instead of these stupid "achievements", and ruin my game :(
Indeed... maps are the biggest weakness in this game, not kit selection.
 

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
43,806
45
91
Originally posted by: angry hampster
Originally posted by: Canai
Why medic first? There are going to be too many medic/heavy combos (if anyone even goes heavy) and the medic is plenty powerful already.
Because you can't kill the heavy without killing the medic. stupid nub.

:D
i think he meant why are they buffing the medic first
 

Engraver

Senior member
Jun 5, 2007
812
0
0
If they put them in the game without the gay achievements, half the people that play wouldn't even know about them.
 

clamum

Lifer
Feb 13, 2003
26,240
394
126
Unless I'm retarded (good chance of it), where's the link describing this medic pack?

I think a little upgrade to the class would be good. Usually I was the only medic on the freakin team when I played. It became my most played class pretty quickly because no one else played it and teams with balance tend to win over ones without. Plus I ended up enjoying playing medic quite a bit.
 

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
50,235
117
116
The only thing this game needs is new maps (even though I'm fine with the maps now, but I know a lot of people want more maps). Where is the information about this super Medic pack? I did not see anything about that in the link provided.

I'm not sure why they would do "a large scale modification to the core of the game" since the core of the game is feaking awesome as is. :confused:

KT
 

Canai

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2006
8,016
1
0
Originally posted by: pontifex
Originally posted by: angry hampster
Originally posted by: Canai
Why medic first? There are going to be too many medic/heavy combos (if anyone even goes heavy) and the medic is plenty powerful already.
Because you can't kill the heavy without killing the medic. stupid nub.

:D
i think he meant why are they buffing the medic first
Yep. And what about medic trains with the double health? Have fun going against a team of six double health medics and one heavy.

I think they should do like two or three classes at once so there's not sudden rush of people playing one class. That said, when this achievement comes out, I will be playing medic until I get all the perks :D
 

imported_Imp

Diamond Member
Dec 20, 2005
9,148
0
0
I'm happy. Even with a few reasonable user made maps, TF2 is getting boring. This sounds like a really good addition... I can't wait for what they think of for heavy: speed walk while shooting sans some damage?
 

R Nilla

Diamond Member
Jul 26, 2006
3,835
1
0
I'm excited to see a "re-imagined" Badlands. That was definitely my favorite TFC map.
 

arredondo

Senior member
Sep 17, 2004
808
21
81
Originally posted by: I4AT
Where have you read this? Are you saying the double health item is going to replace the regular medigun? From what I've read it sounded like a one time use special item, not a replacement weapon.
No. They are two, optional replacement weapons that you can select from spawn after you gain the required achievement patches. They replace your Healing Gun should you choose to use one of them. Instead of just having Healing Gun (A) that we use now, you can come out with either Healing Gun (B) which is called the Overhealer, or Healing Gun (C) which is unknown at this time. Or, if you choose, you can just stick with the original Healing Gun (A).

See? Not better or worse... just different.
 
Dec 21, 2006
169
0
0
I'm all for it, as long as there's a server option to turn it off.

If it throws off the gameplay, people will flood back to default servers, and the problem will fix itself. On the other hand, if it can't be disabled...

I actually think this is a decent idea. People thought Ubercharge was going to be horribly unfair at first and complained about it nonstop. It ended up adding alot to the strategy and teamwork involved in the game. It all depends on the execution.

Anyway, I agree that they should have targeted multiple classes.
 

TheVrolok

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
24,145
3,915
136
Originally posted by: shadowofthesun
I'm all for it, as long as there's a server option to turn it off.

If it throws off the gameplay, people will flood back to default servers, and the problem will fix itself. On the other hand, if it can't be disabled...

I actually think this is a decent idea. People thought Ubercharge was going to be horribly unfair at first and complained about it nonstop. It ended up adding alot to the strategy and teamwork involved in the game. It all depends on the execution.

Anyway, I agree that they should have targeted multiple classes.
Agreed. I'm sure they will target other classes afterward (almost like WoW where they do one class at a time and then move to the next - at least when I played they did). I'm excited for this change. TF2 seems a little bit vanilla.
 

DangerAardvark

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2004
7,581
0
0
Isn't a sniper headshot on a heavy still a 1 hit kill? Or you could get a spy to backstab the whole chain.
 

rodrigu3

Member
May 14, 2007
136
0
0
honestly a heavy-medic combo isn't that great out in the open, you can easily take them down with a sniper and coordinated defense
 

SexyK

Golden Member
Jul 30, 2001
1,343
4
76
Doubling up the health on a demo will make it a lot easier to pop out around a corner and take down an SG with stickies than it was before... should be fun to spice things up a bit, but I'm really more excited to get a couple new official maps at this point. Maybe they can put that POS 2fort out to pasture at some point.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY