New Subaru Impreza WRX Pics

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Yeah, I've seen those pics already. It has the ugly bug eyes. It's not like the car wan't already ugly to begin with ;) It's kinda hard to beat a car with the ugly stick if it's already quite ugly to begin with :D

Gunbuster

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
the lights look like sensor pods from a (insert generic giant robo anime show) episode.

Now if it had missiles in them....

Ronstang

Lifer
Jul 8, 2000
The Japanese, being the efficient little buggers that they are, just decided to cut out the middleman and "rice out" the damn thing straight from the factory!

Michael

Elite member
Nov 19, 1999
NFS4 - I drive a '93 Impreza. I would call it somewhat bland, not ugly. However, when snow falls (I used to live in the NorthEast) it starts looking damned fine!

I may get a Forester or a Legacy Sedan as my next car. Since I'm just sitting in traffic in the Silicon Valley area these days, no need to think about a new car yet.

Michael

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Maybe I should clarify...the regular Impreza is fine (but plain). The WRX version is hideous

Michael

Elite member
Nov 19, 1999
I clicked on the picture to make them bigger. It doesn't seem to look all that different from a regular Impreza. To tell you the truth, I thought that the PT Cruiser and the Audi TT looked uglier the first time I saw a picture. Once I saw those cars live, I thought they looked pretty cool.

The dashboard looks like it has an LCD screen built in it. With how slow traffic here is, maybe I can surf to Anandtech while driving to work. Since I'm not moving anyway, it should be pretty safe <grin>.

Michael

Buddha Bart

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 1999
they take a little getting used to at first. But these are some of the finest creations in all of automobile-land. I'll sell my friends and familly into slavery to buy mine when it hits the states (soooooon)

bart

yakko

Lifer
Apr 18, 2000
I like the car but I would much rather have one of the 400 Imprezzas built every year to satisfy the rules of group a rules of the WRC.

mAdD INDIAN

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 1999
The older Subaru Impreza WRX looked sweet!! I love their lights..the boxy ones. Like the Skyline lights too.

piku

Diamond Member
May 30, 2000
THEY KILLED IT! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Damn... I really loved the Impreza... this is hideous! The front was one of the best parts about it! I loved that boxy look and the grille on it and stuff... damn it :p

Chooie

Platinum Member
Nov 8, 1999
Nod, the 2000 2.5RS was one of the coolest looking cars available in its price range, and the performance was unbelieveable. You could add a supercharger for about $3000 and gain 40% more HP.

shabby

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
OMG WTF did they do to those lights?!?

The boost/egt/oil pressure guage in the centre is a nice feature though, except the a/f guage is missing :)