New studies show conservatives ignore facts more than liberals

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
It makes sense if you think about it, imaginary Weapons of Mass Destruction, denial of global warming, evolution and a vast liberal media conspiracy (LOL).

Nevermind that whole fap about Obama being Muslim, they literally have been on the wrong side of every major issue the past 10 years.

You would think by now it's time for self-reflection, but nope... i guess denying reality is easier to admitting you were wrong.

It's not being wrong that's the problem but being dangerously hideously evilly wrong they don't want to see because their egos depend for their inflation on being right. They have no shame and no humility. They can't be wrong or it will destroy all their fantastical illusions regarding their self worth and collapse them right into the self hate all there illusions are there to deny.

1prophet

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2005
Can both liberal and conservative possibly be wrong while believing each is right?

http://en.docsity.com/en-docs/Lower...-_Lecturer_Note_-_Indian_History_-_Steve_Kipp

After the June training, Rajinder returned to Pune and did several short introductory sessions with a small group of teachers and students. He helped me to design a training program consisting of three days of workshops for most of the staff and two days of follow-up work with students in classrooms. (The training plan and results will be described in more detail in a subsequent CLE article.)

After the 5 day training workshop/classroom sequence we did in November 2004, Rajinder has continued to provide local support, and I have provided remote support via email. There is a group of teachers at RBA who have taken off with it, designing (or adapting) and implementing their own lessons using ST strategies. So far, it seems to have been a success.

Two critical reasons we were able to pull this off are that some aspects of Indian culture seem to be more naturally systemic than Western culture, and that these positive Indian cultural traits are especially emphasized at this particular school.

Naturally systemic Indian cultural traits observed include
1) an open-mindedness that facilitated rich and rapid comprehension of the concept of mental models;

2) a deep and natural awareness of the interconnectedness of all things;

3) a refreshing blend of what in America has unfortunately become divided and labeled as “conservative” and “liberal” values, e.g., individual responsibility and traditional family values mixed with a sense of collective responsibility and a hunger for new and creative ideas.

diesbudt

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2012
Democrats seem to whine a lot when the facts do not favor them.

Or pretend that they control every fact.

Face it; both sides feel they are in the proper side and they can always find the backing for it.

If you believe something there is always enough evidence. (Reguardless if it is 0 pieces of evidence)

If you do not believe something, there will never be enough evidence. (Even if as obvious as something right in front of you)

Also let us not forget, that a "fact" must be proven and not just something someone says or believes to be a fact.

Helium atoms have 2 electrons (Fact)
Helium Atoms believe they know what is best for the rest of the atoms because of Policy A, B and C seems good on the outside but there is no proof it will work or makes any real sense on the inside. (Opinion)

Last edited:

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
DUHHHHHHHHHHHHVERT.

You're making a very big assumption that the people making the hiring decisions are 'liberal'. Typically, the ones who control capital aren't.

You're also making a big assumption that it's not worse in more conservative areas in the country.

Of course, this will fly over your head, but what can we do when you think fake news stories are real.

You are the one who diverted off the topic to begin with, and the article you link to makes no mention of anything political.

BTW, the ones holding the capital (The Rich) are more Democrat than Republican, but you wouldn't know that. You just make shit up as you go and then call eveyone else stupid.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
Tell me Phokus, why does your "Why racists vote Republican" link to an article on how NY City, a largely Liberal city, discriminates against Hispanic and black job applicants yet you site it as evidence of racist Republican voting habits?

Because obviously all the job creators are Republican :D

nobodyknows

Diamond Member
Sep 28, 2008
Not when two seconds after you ask the question you commit the crime yourself. There is the reality that science exposes here and then there's you imbecility belief that conservatives have a slight edge.
Oh quit babbling. If you have a real scientific study, by all means post it. One small study doesn't prove anything one way or the other, but please continue to insist it does. It really sheds light on who's an imbecile.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
2unzoug.jpg

Of course the liberal can find backing. It predates the belief.

Unless their belief overrides reality.

BTW, liberals talk of how they are more intelligent than conservatives, but fail to mention that they are less so than independent thinkers. I wonder why they selectively omit that fact? :p

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
Oh you poor poor dear. Did we make you sad? Did we hurt your tender feelings? Did we make you feel you are inferior, or were you actually just feeling that way all along and when we pricked you in your giant asshole you got a stab of pain? It's not easy you know to reach the self-hating with news of their condition. They get so hurt when they hear the news. Suddenly all the shit they project on others comes flying back their way, and all of a sudden it doesn't seem like fair play. We want to dump the shit on liberals, not the other way. No fair pointing out it's conservative who are the jerks playing the superiority game. Not to worry Greenman, you have a brain defect, and the truth is just going to be very hard for you to take.

You may be a basket case, Greenman, but we can rebuild you. We have the technology. We can make you better than you were. Better...stronger...faster.

That's all pretty detached from reality moonie. Your answer would appear to be that it's actually conservatives that are trying to prove themselves superior. Yet I don't recall seeing a single thread here with that topic. I do recall two started by you with conservative inferiority as the topic.
I know the answer to my question moonie, but I wondered if anyone here would give me a straight answer.

OneOfTheseDays

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2000
What are you doing here if you're at a level where "a lot of people on Facebook..." constitutes an excuse to you?

Should I go over to General Hardware and blithely tell people to buy an Ivy Bridge processor with an AM3 motherboard? A lot of people on Facebook don't know they're incompatible.
ATX mobo in a mATX case? A lot of people on Facebook don't know it won't fit.
High end video card on an OEM PSU? A lot of people on Facebook don't know it won't work.
i7 for gaming? A lot of people on Facebook don't know it's a waste.

Why are you here if you are too stupid for your opinion to even begin to be authoritative on anything? We can get mediocrity anywhere -- we don't need you for that.

Saving this for our annual "OWNAGE OF THE YEAR" thread.

Matt, give it up man. You're just dragging what little is left of your name further into the mud. This is humiliating at this point, if there is such a thing as Internet humiliation.

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
Saving this for our annual "OWNAGE OF THE YEAR" thread.

Matt, give it up man. You're just dragging what little is left of your name further into the mud. This is humiliating at this point, if there is such a thing as Internet humiliation.

Really, this is your ownage of the year? How sad are you guys.

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
Really, this is your ownage of the year? How sad are you guys.

I think P&N threads are exempt from Ownage of the Year. There's too much vitriol and too many stupid posts from the most insane of the highly partisan for it to even be fair to include P&N. Did you get owned for it being pointed out you posted from a joke site, yeah. Is it even a qualifier for ownage of the year, not even close. Ownage needs to be far better than it being pointed out that you were duped by a joke website. Hell anything politics is so opinion based anyway that it's hard to really have real ownage.

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
Liberal professors do a study showing those they dislike are stupid. News at 11.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Greenman: That's all pretty detached from reality moonie.

M: Altered reality reality, Greenie. I do not accept your view of reality as anything but opinion.

G: Your answer would appear to be that it's actually conservatives that are trying to prove themselves superior. Yet I don't recall seeing a single thread here with that topic. I do recall two started by you with conservative inferiority as the topic.

I have spoken of scientific data that shows that conservative truthiness is opinion attached to ego, the gut feeling that not only is a conservative right based on gut feeling, but that he is superior in his knowledge of it, that truthiness is a disgust reaction of the stomach attached to egotism. In short, superiority and inferiority are feelings that attach to things like identity or ideas or religion, etc even scientific data.

There is no such thing as a scientific fact implying superiority or inferiority. That is something manufactured by the ego as a reaction to best guess scientific reasoning, the search for scientific truth. What you have done is take what has been shown to be the best scientific evidence regarding conservative vs liberal thinking as an insult because you don't like it. The science isn't doing that, it's you projecting your own feeling onto it.

Truth is truth. How you hear the truth is a projection of feeling.

G: I know the answer to my question moonie, but I wondered if anyone here would give me a straight answer.

So there you are Greenman, sure you are right just as science predicts, egotistically confident about who will agree oozing, the truth that science tells us about you while maintaining total denial.