New studies show conservatives ignore facts more than liberals

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999
Seems like your mind was made up before you posted so I dont think any point I have to make is going to much matter to you.

Keep dreaming.

Make a point and then enjoy reality... as a blanket statement doesn't cover what you wish to say....

DominionSeraph

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2009
I left out that the majority of the sample was college students. The population is flawed too.

So you're saying that there's something about educated conservatives that'd have them ignoring evidence at a higher rate than the uneducated ones?

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
Care to post something else from http://www.duffelblog.com/

I guess I am the first person ever to get fooled by that site.

Looking at the site, here are some of the headlines:

"Former Marine Sergeant Trademarks ‘Wagner Loves Cock’, Sues Government For $41Mz"

"Army Spends $100M On Piece of Equipment That Doesn’t Do Anything"

"DoD Announces Support For ‘Military Bronies’"

"General Mattis Crashes RNC, Shreds On Triple-Neck Guitar For Grunts In Helmand"

Boy Matt, it sure is amazing how you got suckered into such a "subtle" humor site.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Only a moron believes everything he reads.

Yes, but because you are the moron you don't have the faintest way to figure out whether what you read is to be believed or not. See, you believe everything you read if it's in the Bible, but you don't even have the capacity to understand whether what you real means what you think you are reading. This is why you have this huge fat egotistical head and I don't. Nothing I read do I take for Gospel. I need scientific evidence from experiment, like the fact that the fear centers in conservative brains are enlarged and the center that keeps emotions from clouding reason are shrunken in test after test persuades me that conservatives have brains that cause them to be more paranoid and less able to keep their emotions out of their logical thinking.

And not only that, but this forum confirms that evidence spot on, time after time after time, just like your post here does. You actually believe that the science could fall under a case where you shouldn't believe what you read, not noticing that this is exactly;y what the science says you will do when presented with evidence that you don't have the reasoning capacity to judge the quality and scientific merit of what you are reading.

I am not wedded to the fact that this evidence is real, but this is just one test of a whole lot more scientific evidence that suggests the same thing.

The evidence also gives lots of reasons why liberals need conservative thinking, but not when it's gone off the rails and threatens human survival. You folks have gotten dangerously delusional and that makes you evil. You live in an altered reality and the science is telling us why and what will not work to fix you, namely that the more you are shown proof you are mental, the more you go into denial and believe your mental disability is good. You may be so far gone that a brick wall starts looking like the pearly gates. Fine by me so long as you and your fellow mad men aren't running the government.

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
Looking at the site, here are some of the headlines:

"Former Marine Sergeant Trademarks ‘Wagner Loves Cock’, Sues Government For $41Mz"

"Army Spends $100M On Piece of Equipment That Doesn’t Do Anything"

"DoD Announces Support For ‘Military Bronies’"

"General Mattis Crashes RNC, Shreds On Triple-Neck Guitar For Grunts In Helmand"

Boy Matt, it sure is amazing how you got suckered into such a "subtle" humor site.

Hey Shit for brains, I didn't go look though every article on that site, nor did I look on wikipedia to see if it was legit. A lot of people got fooled by that site on Facebook and on this site as well before someone went to Wikipedia and found out they are a joke site. I mean really, is this all you can come up with?

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
Hey Shit for brains, I didn't go look though every article on that site, nor did I look on wikipedia to see if it was legit. A lot of people got fooled by that site on Facebook and on this site as well before someone went to Wikipedia and found out they are a joke site. I mean really, is this all you can come up with?

Boy you sure do sound upset. Yes, a lot of stupid people were fooled. You being one of them.

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
Yes, but because you are the moron you don't have the faintest way to figure out whether what you read is to be believed or not. See, you believe everything you read if it's in the Bible, but you don't even have the capacity to understand whether what you real means what you think you are reading.

I have never believed everything in the bible. It is a book of stories from over 2000 years ago put together by a handful of people who took it upon themselves to decide what should and shouldn't be in there. That just goes to show you how clueless you are about me and Conservatives in general for that matter.

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
Boy you sure do sound upset. Yes, a lot of stupid people were fooled. You being one of them.

Does your mom know you are on the internet this late? I don't want to see her suspend your WOW account again.

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
Does your mom know you are on the internet this late? I don't want to see her suspend your WOW account again.

Hahahaha, look at you get mad. That's your retort? Must suck having your stupidity immortalized like that.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Notice Matt that I'm not drilling you over mistaking a humor site for something else. It's not my style. I think I am not so intellectually brilliant that I couldn't easily make such a mistake myself. I am too stupid to have much pride in my intellect. I was made to feel like a moron too. My need to feel smart was great because of that and because of that honesty thingi my Mom laid on me, any pride I had in my brain made me ashamed of myself. I want you to have the same kind of shame and indifference to you intellectual abilities. They don't matter much anyway when you are happy. Being bright doesn't make a dog roll around on the ground when he's freaking out with puppy exuberance.

Stop worrying about fucking up and let it go. You don't need to defend, pretend, or play any mind games. The sun on you skin feels just as good on you as it does on mine. You won't love any more or less because you misjudged some internet site somewhere.

You will feel better humble then if you try to maintain useless pride. And that's one of the things I learned from your favorite book.

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
Actually going through those facebook comments, it seems the overwhelming majority of people who were fooled by the 'story' were old, white, and conservative.

The best comment of course being the top one: "For all those that took this as serious journalism, instead of satire, you are officially too stupid to use the internet. Turn off your computer and sit in a corner now."

Yes, matt, this applies to you (and well, don't feel too bad, you have lots of company).

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Hahahaha, look at you get mad. That's your retort? Must suck having your stupidity immortalized like that.

I see it much like draining puss from a would. I know that we have all been deeply hurt and we want to hurt back. I have beat myself blue coming out with my own rage. All the hurt he wants me to feel I already felt. All our pain is old. I am physically and emotionally safe on the other end of the internet. I want him to be happy. Happy people don't want to destroy the world unconsciously.

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007

Tell me Phokus, why does your "Why racists vote Republican" link to an article on how NY City, a largely Liberal city, discriminates against Hispanic and black job applicants yet you site it as evidence of racist Republican voting habits?

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Tell me Phokus, why does your "Why racists vote Republican" link to an article on how NY City, a largely Liberal city, discriminates against Hispanic and black job applicants yet you site it as evidence of racist Republican voting habits?

Here we go again, you just can't stay with your own immorality and have to deflect to the immorality of the other guy. If Phokus were the biggest piece of shit on earth it wouldn't elevate your evil one bit. Stop this moral cowardliness.

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
You guy's sure put a lot of time and effort into trying to prove you're superior to conservatives. What's up with that? Who are you trying to convince?

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999

DUHHHHHHHHHHHHVERT.

You're making a very big assumption that the people making the hiring decisions are 'liberal'. Typically, the ones who control capital aren't.

You're also making a big assumption that it's not worse in more conservative areas in the country.

Of course, this will fly over your head, but what can we do when you think fake news stories are real.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
You guy's sure put a lot of time and effort into trying to prove you're superior to conservatives. What's up with that? Who are you trying to convince?

Oh you poor poor dear. Did we make you sad? Did we hurt your tender feelings? Did we make you feel you are inferior, or were you actually just feeling that way all along and when we pricked you in your giant asshole you got a stab of pain? It's not easy you know to reach the self-hating with news of their condition. They get so hurt when they hear the news. Suddenly all the shit they project on others comes flying back their way, and all of a sudden it doesn't seem like fair play. We want to dump the shit on liberals, not the other way. No fair pointing out it's conservative who are the jerks playing the superiority game. Not to worry Greenman, you have a brain defect, and the truth is just going to be very hard for you to take.

You may be a basket case, Greenman, but we can rebuild you. We have the technology. We can make you better than you were. Better...stronger...faster.

DominionSeraph

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2009
A lot of people got fooled by that site on Facebook

What are you doing here if you're at a level where "a lot of people on Facebook..." constitutes an excuse to you?

Should I go over to General Hardware and blithely tell people to buy an Ivy Bridge processor with an AM3 motherboard? A lot of people on Facebook don't know they're incompatible.
ATX mobo in a mATX case? A lot of people on Facebook don't know it won't fit.
High end video card on an OEM PSU? A lot of people on Facebook don't know it won't work.
i7 for gaming? A lot of people on Facebook don't know it's a waste.

Why are you here if you are too stupid for your opinion to even begin to be authoritative on anything? We can get mediocrity anywhere -- we don't need you for that.

sMiLeYz

Platinum Member
Feb 3, 2003
It makes sense if you think about it, imaginary Weapons of Mass Destruction, denial of global warming, evolution and a vast liberal media conspiracy (LOL).

Nevermind that whole fap about Obama being Muslim, they literally have been on the wrong side of every major issue the past 10 years.

You would think by now it's time for self-reflection, but nope... i guess denying reality is easier to admitting you were wrong.