New studies show conservatives ignore facts more than liberals

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Those studies already start out with a politcal goal in mind. You don't think they are going to structure the questions to suit their goal?

Did you actually read that study, or just link to it as the gospel?

In 2 out of the 3 studies all the participants were undergraduate students. Really got a wide demographic there :)

An imbecile invents his own explanation for scientific evidence and takes it as absolute fact, as predicted by the scientific evidence.

Last edited:

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Liberals lack the ability to reason on economics. They keep on advocating raising the top marginal income tax rate when it wont achieve their goal of reducing inequalities in wealth, because those who are truly wealthy just use a tax haven. They also think that public monetary policy (pure greenbackism) will help the poor and hurt special interests when that is definitely not the case. If companies get subsidies, then why wouldn't congress just loan to the well connected for free?
Also, most people who self identify as "conservative" these days are actually not really pro-market, they're pro business.

Conservatism is liberalism (and vice versa) anyway, because all enforcement of the law must distort the market. People can simply be labeled libertarian (market anarchists and confederalists) or statist (republicans and monarchists).

An imbecile invents his own explanation for scientific evidence and takes it as absolute fact, as predicted by the scientific evidence.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
I dont know what youre talking about but I can already tell you that democrats ignore the facts more I dont even have to look at the chart to prove that
;)

DominionSeraph

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2009
Democrats seem to whine a lot when the facts do not favor them.

Or pretend that they control every fact.

Face it; both sides feel they are in the proper side and they can always find the backing for it.

2unzoug.jpg

Of course the liberal can find backing. It predates the belief.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
So a liberials good mind looks at the helpless and says lets help them . Which even a conservative sees also . But the conservative is less likely to make laws to make sure that hand up turns into generations of hand outs. That grows and grows to the point taxes can no longer support the onced offerred hand up that turned into generations of handouts that causes others to say screw it . I want the handout . It grows to the point were we all extend our hand . But none can get handout now because no tax dollars to support the hand outs . Thats the differance between retard conservatives and genious liberials . The conservative only wants to offer a helping hand up . The Liberial wants to make it a lifetime handout and allow the beast to grow. Ya liberials are smart alright???

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Democrats seem to whine a lot when the facts do not favor them.

Or pretend that they control every fact.

Face it; both sides feel they are in the proper side and they can always find the backing for it.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
So is this why I have liberal forum posters posting links showing that income growth and gdp growth decoupled in the 1970s, and claiming this was because of Ronald Reagan? :D

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Here we use the word imbecile to describe the mental defect in the brains of conservatives that make it more likely they will bias their thinking to accord with their moral beliefs than liberals will. This inability to face their truthiness, their tendency to relish egotistically their supposed morally superior beliefs, effectively makes them egotistically stupid. Folk who have gynormous assholes need manhole sized covers to hide their own stink from themselves and others. The conservative mind is the king of denial, the master of deflection, and the first to accuse you of what he does. They are also the world's greatest sponges of garbage alternate reality puss, and every manner of paranoid delusion the brain dead and psychotic can come up with. Nobody would give a shit what they did in their little churches out on the prairie, but you fuckers also want to govern, which makes perfect sense since you hate government.

Oakenfold

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2001
Wow, a survey with a whopping 1500 people.
Their sample is not large enough to bear any relevance.
This was posted on a liberal website.
/thread.
What else you got as evidence?

"n their study, Liu and Ditto asked over 1,500 people about their moral and factual views on four highly divisive political issues."

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
To be a tech site, ostensibly patronized by intelligent people, this forum has some of the stupidest, disingenuous, intellectually dishonest, and just plain sociopathic excuses for human beings this side of /b. I don't know if the toleration for such people is insouciance, pretense to honoring the First Amendment, or tacit approval. What I do know is it's a fucking embarrassment. I won't be participating any further.

P.S. Fuck you, too, to the inevitable "Good riddance." Most of you deserve each other.

You'll be back

You can check in anytime but you can never leave

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
The best part, the most predictable part, is the instant withdrawal into denial among our usual cohort.

None have questioned their own beliefs in the slightest, even in the face of evidence that they might benefit from it.

None among them said "Wow. I wonder if that might be true. Maybe I need to take a closer look at that. Maybe I'm missing something."

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Wow, a survey with a whopping 1500 people.
Their sample is not large enough to bear any relevance.
This was posted on a liberal website.
/thread.
What else you got as evidence?

"n their study, Liu and Ditto asked over 1,500 people about their moral and factual views on four highly divisive political issues."

Exactly. This reminds me of the time they surveyed 750 brain surgeons and 750 Bozo the Clown impersonators and discovered that clown impersonators tended to have far far larger and redder noses but because of the small sample size published the conclusion instead, that brain surgeons have bigger ears.

Naturally, the results of this new theory on the distortion sample size works on scientific veracity was published in the Journal of Conservative thinking. The results have proved satisfactory so far. Only thirty conservative brain surgeons are know to have been lost by jumping out of windows trying to flap their way to work.

nobodyknows

Diamond Member
Sep 28, 2008
The best part, the most predictable part, is the instant withdrawal into denial among our usual cohort.

None have questioned their own beliefs in the slightest, even in the face of evidence that they might benefit from it.

None among them said "Wow. I wonder if that might be true. Maybe I need to take a closer look at that. Maybe I'm missing something."
You expect people who ignore facts to be swayed by the fact that they ignore facts?

There are plenty of those on both sides, but I'd have to give conservatives a slight edge.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
You expect people who ignore facts to be swayed by the fact that they ignore facts?

There are plenty of those on both sides, but I'd have to give conservatives a slight edge.

Not when two seconds after you ask the question you commit the crime yourself. There is the reality that science exposes here and then there's you imbecility belief that conservatives have a slight edge.

Oakenfold

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2001
Exactly. This reminds me of the time they surveyed 750 brain surgeons and 750 Bozo the Clown impersonators and discovered that clown impersonators tended to have far far larger and redder noses but because of the small sample size published the conclusion instead, that brain surgeons have bigger ears.

Naturally, the results of this new theory on the distortion sample size works on scientific veracity was published in the Journal of Conservative thinking. The results have proved satisfactory so far. Only thirty conservative brain surgeons are know to have been lost by jumping out of windows trying to flap their way to work.

I left out that the majority of the sample was college students. The population is flawed too. Checkmate.

leper84

Dec 29, 2011
Youre all deluded saps arguing the party line with no idea of how bad youre getting screwed by your own party. Keep fighting each other, demean each other to feel superior. Stay distracted and pay no mind to the men behind the curtain fucking you raw.

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
Eww, I got fooled by an onion article that someone had to look up on Wikipedia to find out it was an onion site. Ya really got me there. What ever shall I do with the total humiliation.

Learn from your mistakes. Also obvious fake articles are obvious.

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999
Youre all deluded saps arguing the party line with no idea of how bad youre getting screwed by your own party. Keep fighting each other, demean each other to feel superior. Stay distracted and pay no mind to the men behind the curtain fucking you raw.

Examples of this, please... y'know - what you'd consider problems that both parties are guilty of?

leper84

Dec 29, 2011
Examples of this, please... y'know - what you'd consider problems that both parties are guilty of?

Iraq, Afghanistan, banker bailouts, the patriot act, Iran, the federal reserve, the corporatist take over of health care, dhs, irs, tsa, hls, the fleecing of our servicemembers benefits, fractional reserve banking, ect.

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999
Iraq, Afghanistan, banker bailouts, the patriot act, Iran, the federal reserve, the corporatist take over of health care, dhs, irs, tsa, hls, the fleecing of our servicemembers benefits, fractional reserve banking, ect.

Nice list. Let us go down it.

1. Iraq - the Dem side vs the Gop side...

Howard

Lifer
Oct 14, 1999
To be a tech site, ostensibly patronized by intelligent people, this forum has some of the stupidest, disingenuous, intellectually dishonest, and just plain sociopathic excuses for human beings this side of /b. I don't know if the toleration for such people is insouciance, pretense to honoring the First Amendment, or tacit approval. What I do know is it's a fucking embarrassment. I won't be participating any further.

P.S. Fuck you, too, to the inevitable "Good riddance." Most of you deserve each other.
You hate like a conservative, anyway.

leper84

Dec 29, 2011
So your argument is that those with massive amounts of money and stature tend have major control of what takes place....

\care to tell me when this wasn't true...

Seems like your mind was made up before you posted so I dont think any point I have to make is going to much matter to you.

Keep dreaming.