New stat layout on Free DC

Smoke

Distributed Computing Elite Member
Jan 3, 2001
155 TeAm Enterprise 12,744,151: TeAm AnandTech :cool:

BlackMountainCow

Diamond Member
May 28, 2003
If you ever donated $ to help run the Free-DC stats, you'll have one of these crowns, and, depending on the amount or frequency, it'll be bronze, silver or golden. It's not yet fully functional (just one manual script run) but Bok's working on it. I think it's great to appreciate money donors that way, and I don't just say that because I got two silver crowns :evil: ;)

biodoc

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2005
Originally posted by: BlackMountainCow
If you ever donated $ to help run the Free-DC stats, you'll have one of these crowns, and, depending on the amount or frequency, it'll be bronze, silver or golden. It's not yet fully functional (just one manual script run) but Bok's working on it. I think it's great to appreciate money donors that way, and I don't just say that because I got two silver crowns :evil: ;)

:cool:

Rudy Toody

Diamond Member
Sep 30, 2006
I got 3 gold crowns because of the donation I made last October for the TeAm sponsorship. I suggested to Bok that he put a crown on the TeAm AnandTech legend instead of mine. He's working on that, too.

--Fred

BlackMountainCow

Diamond Member
May 28, 2003
Darn, now Fred made me look like a selfish cruncher who's proud of his donation scrowns :(

But I guess that his way of doing things comes with age and experience in life - I only got 27 years on my back.

Fred, as always, amazing team spirit you got going. :thumbsup::D:beer:

Rudy Toody

Diamond Member
Sep 30, 2006
Darn, now Fred made me look like a selfish cruncher who's proud of his donation scrowns :(

Sorry, Christian, that was not the intent. Since these are test crowns and more users will get them and the number may change, I figured I would convince Bok to give one to the TeAm (with 10 on it to represent October) and one to each team member that donated as part of the team sponsorship. Members who donate outside of the fund drive will get ones also. I'm thinking that having the year in them and the members getting one for each year that they donate will be little status symbols, like # of posts or join date, or ranking on a project.

--Fred

BlackMountainCow

Diamond Member
May 28, 2003
No harm done, Fred :) I really like your idea with the numbers and years along with the crowns - I can already see a new kind of stats battle arise ... :evil:

Rudy Toody

Diamond Member
Sep 30, 2006
No harm done, Fred :) I really like your idea with the numbers and years along with the crowns - I can already see a new kind of stats battle arise ... :evil:

Teams will be donating right-and-left to acquire more crowns!

I also suggested to Bok that the monthly sponsorship have a choice of 2 different costs: the current one (server cost per month) and plus some $ amount to reserve that month for the next year. That way we could pay an extra few bucks to ensure an annual October tradition.

I will be starting the annual donation drive in September.

I had picked April and October as the best months to do this because it is not too warm in either the Northern or Southern Hemisphere. Thus, more crunchers are active in those months. If anybody has suggestions for a different month, let me know.

--Fred

Rudy Toody

Diamond Member
Sep 30, 2006
Another thought: (no it didn't hurt.)

Bok could put the 10-2007 icon on the TeAm legend and put one on each TeAm Members name to start us off. If members want more they must donate again.

This would put the TeAm one-up on all the other teams. Small price for Bok to pay for the idea! :D

--Fred

Edit to get the semicolon after the big D!

TallBill

Lifer
Apr 29, 2001
Haha, I like the idea of the TeAm dominating the crowns. BoK has lots of work to do with the site, but I trust that he'll get it all worked out.

Alyx

Golden Member
Apr 28, 2007
I like the new layout. It looks really cool. A few things don't seem to be working 100% but it'll all take time i'm sure. :)

Bok7575

Mar 6, 2004
Any and all feedback definitely appreciated :)

Either here or in the stats bugs forum at Free-DC is fine..

TallBill

Lifer
Apr 29, 2001
Don't see any overtake info anymore, at least for individual stats. Also having trouble finding where to login! Thanks for the work Bok, looking at your stats site makes me want to buy more crunchers.

TallBill

Lifer
Apr 29, 2001
Originally posted by: Bok7575
Login is just via the Free-DC forum (I use the cookie it sets).

Working on the overtake stuff now actually :) It's there for teams, for example at

TA Poem@Home teamstats

Must not be working for me at school then. They might do something weird with cookies, so I'll try at home.

Bok7575

Mar 6, 2004
You have to set the 'Remember Me' when logging into the forum, if that doesn't work, check your cookies and make sure the domain for the Free-DC cookie bbuserid is .free-dc.org.

Should work then..

Bok

Assimilator1

Elite Member
Nov 4, 1999
Possibly looking at an old cached page?

I've donated & I've got no crown yet :p

I like the layout of the new stats but I prefered the old colour scheme.:thumbsup:

Bok7575

Mar 6, 2004
I haven't gone through everyone yet. It's actually fairly difficult to tie in some of the email addresses back to userids...and even then, if they haven't set up the ids on statstool, it's even more difficult.

PM me over at Free-DC with email address used for the donation and I'll get it all put in..

Maybe, just maybe, I'll 'skin' it.. :p

Alyx

Golden Member
Apr 28, 2007
I really prefer the new stats site. I didn't use the site much before but now I'll probably frequent it. Very clean and well done. I really like the long term graphs that are on boincstats but I figure those are hard to make for stuff in the past since that information probably isn't available on the project pages, just in the boincstats database. Other than that very well done.

Originally posted by: Alyx
A few things don't seem to be working 100% but it'll all take time i'm sure. :)

I was having trouble loading a couple pages but that seems to have cleared up now, must have been a momentary problem with my browser. :confused:

biodoc

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2005

Peer pressure works: Now I have a crown too!:laugh:

Anyway, bok puts a lot of time and $ into maintaining and improving my favorite stats site, so I figured it's time to fork over a few $.;)

Plus, I really like the look of those crown things!:p

So, for female donors, perhaps they should be diamond tierras?:laugh:

Fardringle

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2000
I guess I'm in the minority. I used to look at Free-DC once in a while to check my stats on various projects, but the new layout annoys me enough that I probably won't use it any more.

BlackMountainCow

Diamond Member
May 28, 2003
Originally posted by: Fardringle
I guess I'm in the minority. I used to look at Free-DC once in a while to check my stats on various projects, but the new layout annoys me enough that I probably won't use it any more.

I guess it's like with all new things and change in general - at first you dislike it but after a while you get used to it. Remember when AnandTech updated the forum software and how people were complaining about the new design? You don't hear much about that now anymore - we just got used to it. :)