New Show - The Swan

GermyBoy

Banned
Jun 5, 2001
Anyone else see the previews for this?

They are taking "16 people who 'never thought they'd be able to compete in a beauty competition' " and they give them plastic surgery and whatever makeovers and then let them compete in a beauty contest.

Is it just me or is this just another play at the shallowness of women which they hit on in Joe Millionaire?

Not doing any women bashing, but just think that this is incredibly shallow to do. These women wouldn't have done any of this I bet (having not seen the show yet) unless it was free and they would then be on tv.

What are your thoughts on this?

minendo

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2001
Isn't MTV doing a similar show? Something like I want a famous face?

Sid59

Lifer
Sep 2, 2002
Originally posted by: XZeroII
Ugly chicks with lots of makeup on. *shudder*

try again. it's ugly chicks getting plastic surgery .. then loads of makeup.

GermyBoy

Banned
Jun 5, 2001
Originally posted by: Sid59
Originally posted by: XZeroII Ugly chicks with lots of makeup on. *shudder*
try again. it's ugly chicks getting plastic surgery .. then loads of makeup.

once again, people need to be corrected. It's ugly, shallow chicks getting plastic surgery and possible liposuctions, then loads of makeup

Capone

Jan 28, 2004
I seen the commercial for it too. That is just sick. Though I would like to see them after the show after they get fat again.

CChaos

Golden Member
Mar 4, 2003
Silly me, I thought that the midget groom show was the low point of reality TV.

TommyVercetti

Diamond Member
Jan 4, 2003
So this show must have been in planning for a couple of years? Plastic surgery usually takes some time to heal, there is no way you can get it done and heal within 3 months or so.

BigSmooth

Lifer
Aug 18, 2000
It's basically Extreme Makeover meets Miss America. It's a very disturbing idea. I saw on the commercial that not all the women who get surgery will make it into the pageant. That's going to psychologically destroy the women who get tens of thousands of dollars worth of surgery and still get told they're not attractive enough to compete.

jagr10

Golden Member
Jan 21, 2001
Originally posted by: CChaos

I've heard about that show, but haven't seen anything yet. So what happens? Is it a rich midget looking for "love"?

Sid59

Lifer
Sep 2, 2002
Originally posted by: CChaos

it's about love. little people need love too.