New show: Data Slider

XZeroII

Lifer
Jun 30, 2001
I just finished watching Startrek: Nemesis again and hated it when Data died. I came up with a new way for him to live though and they can make a cool new show out of it. Here it goes:

The explosion that supposedly killed Data was unique because a certain type of reactor exploded. It sent everything within like 10 meters to a parallel universe. Data lives here happily for like 1000 years living with people who have not fully technologically developed yet, until he gets lonely for his old friends and decides to build a device that can open an interdimensional gateway. The problem is that he doesn't know which universe is his home universe so he just keeps sliding from universe to universe trying to find his home. Along the way he encounters many universes where events in the past happened differently. For those of you who remember the show Sliders, you will know what I'm talking about, except we are talking about the startrek universe. They can redo lots of the old episodes but where the ending of the episode turns out different and not so happily. For example, in the first episode (Encounter at Far Point) humanity was put on trial by Q. Picard (and the crew) passed the test and everyone went merrily on their way. But suppose humanity didn't pass the test and Q decided to make Earth disappear. That would make for an interesting episode where Data meets with human refugees who are running for their lives in their outdated ships from Klingons. The possibilities are endless!! I guess I'm dreaming, but maybe they could make a series of books or something about this. I think it would be great watching Data interact with other universes. Maybe in one, the Borg have assimilated mankind and Data manages to rescue Geordi and take him to another universe where they remove his implants and Geordi tags along with Data and they solve whatever problem is plaging a certain universe together (for those of you who watched Sliders, you know what I mean).